Windows 10: Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset

Discus and support Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've plugged it into the computer and made sure they work normally and they do, but when I plug them into the jack for the WMR headset they won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jakelighting, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset

I've plugged it into the computer and made sure they work normally and they do, but when I plug them into the jack for the WMR headset they won't enable. Even checking manually and managing the audio devices to enable it manually doesn't work. It'll flash on for a moment, then just diable again. Any help would be lovely.

:)

jakelighting, Apr 6, 2020
  2. ste2425 Win User

*TPU's Gaming Headphone/Headset Thread*

is this just for headphones/headsets or is stereo's listed also?

ste2425, Apr 6, 2020
  3. LouDizzy Win User
    Recent WMR updates have completely broken WMR for me

Ever since the latest WMR updates, WMR hasn't worked correctly at all for me:

• Edge won't play WebVR videos. After the update this worked intermittently (Edge would play a video, but crash). After the most recent Edge update it's been completely broken. Usually the videos are black and when I click the googles to go into immersive
      mode nothing happens. At best, many sites tell me to get a WebVR compatible browser. Note I've tried this with and without the 360 viewer plugin. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    • I have a laptop with an external graphics card. I used to be able to plug my headset into the laptop's HDMI port. Now this is broken. The headset won't start up unless it's plugged into the external graphics card, which is extremely inconvenient and doesn't
      seem to work correctly with SteamVR (Steam VR will keep telling me my headset needs to be plugged into my primary display).
    • For some reason every time I start Edge now, Steam VR starts up and then crashes. Then Edge crashes. And this cycle repeats.
    So my headset's basically a worthless brick right now and has been for a couple of months. I can get into the cliff house but that's about it. I keep hoping the next windows update will fix this but no luck so far. I'm not sure what to do.
    Everything worked flawlessly before that WMR update.

LouDizzy, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset

1. Can't enable headphones plugged into my WMR headset - Similar Threads - Can't enable headphones

2. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  3. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  4. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  6. Lenovo Explorer WMR headset times out

Lenovo Explorer WMR headset times out: Whenever I try to start mixed reality portal, I get the error 15-13 Timeout. I have the device connected with HDMI, it has worked many times before and I am updated to the most recent version of windows 10 and Nvidia drivers. I have also tried changing the USB connection and...
  7. Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware: I'm trying to set up my HP Mixed Reality Headset on a new computer and I'm getting an error. My Mixed Reality portal hangs forever on the 'updating your headset firmware' step. In the device manager, the headset shows up with the name 'HoloLens Sensors' and the properties...
  8. How to enable the built-in microphone when I plug in my headset

How to enable the built-in microphone when I plug in my headset: So, I have a headset that has two output jacks. One for the microphone and one for the speakers. I want to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the headset's. I can't seem to be able to find a way to do that. I have searched on the web, tried to fiddle around with...
  9. No enhancement tabs when connecting headset via WMR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No enhancement tabs when connecting headset via WMR headset: Since reinstalling windows a week ago i can't get the enhancement tabs to show up when connecting the headset to my Medion Erazer X1000. I've tried different versions of the realtek driver without luck and went back to the recommended version of my motherboard (asus prime...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...