Windows 10: Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

Discus and support Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Humblewizard, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says:

"Your current selection will also disable the following features:
    Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch"

Yes or No

Either way the selection becomes unselected.

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking [​IMG]

:)

Humblewizard, Nov 23, 2015
  2. BC_89 Win User

Hyper-V, unable to enable in Windows Features

Hey everyone,

When I try to enable Hyper-V in Features and restart my laptop, I get a message before logon that says "Unable to complete changes. Undoing".

When I open Features again after the restart, Hyper-V is not ticked, and I don't have the role installed.

I have the following in System Information:

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware - Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection - Yes

I have no virtual network adapters installed, and all required options enabled in BIOS.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates and drivers installed.

BC_89, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Hyper V Cable Unplugged

I just upgraded to windows 10 Pro, and having a problem with my hyper V.

1. in the network adapter settings, just like how it supposed to be, there are 4 adapter which are : Ethernet, Microsoft network Bridge, Wifi, and Vethernet. however the Vethernet is not connected as usual. it says "cable unplugged"

2. in hyperV manager, Virtual switch manager, there are no virtual switch created yet.

3. when trying to create a new virtual switch, an error shows up, "switch create failed, name = D021....., friendly name = 'new virtual switch': invalid class string (0x800401F3).

4. there is a yellow exclamation mark in device manager on the hyper V virtual switch extension adapter.

what I have done :

1. go to windows program features, uncheck the Hyper - V so it would reinstall. (however after reboot and windows start to removing the hyper V, it failed and said "undoing changes".)

3. tried to create a new virtual switch (error 0x800401F3)

2. go to device manager and scan for hardware changes (nothing happened)

stephenkenneth, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

May I ask why you would like to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch? It is needed only when you have created Hyper-V virtual network switches, which your screenshot clearly shows you have not done. Even then it does not need to be manually enabled, the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager does that for you, disabling everything else in your native physical network adapter's properties, only enabling the Hyper-V Extensible Switch.

Screenshots from my PC showing how the properties are set when an external virtual switch has been correctly set up. Notice that these changes have been automatically made by the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager, I have had no need to edit the properties manually.

The host physical NIC properties, everything else disabled, only the Hyper-V Extensible Switch enabled:

And the properties of the Hyper-V external virtual switch which at the moment takes care of my network traffic, over the Hyper-V Extensible Switch on my host NIC:

5. I read somewhere that this flag needed to get set manually to allow a Hyper-V guest OS to access the Network. I got it done in Hyper-V manager which as you point out takes care of all those flags. Thanks for your help.

Humblewizard, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

1. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking - Similar Threads - Can't enable Hyper

2. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  3. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  4. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  5. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  6. Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network: I’m not entirely sure if this should be in networking section. Sorry if this is wrong section. First little background. I have Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I also have Windows 10 computer with TV tuner card. I can watch TV on Kodi over the network as the Windows 10 machine...
  7. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v extensible virtual switch

2. hyper v extensible virtual switch disabled

3. your current selection will also disable hyper-v extensible virtual switch

4. cant enable hyper-v extensible virtual switch,
  5. your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V ,
  6. hyper-v extensible virtual switch enable,
  7. hyper v extensible virtual switch enable,
  8. cant enable hyper v extensible virtual switch,
  9. hyper-v extensible virtual switch driver download,
  10. nu vot,