Windows 10: Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter.

Discus and support Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dem00z [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0cfbc/cant_enable_my_71_surround_sound_i_have_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dem00z, Sep 26, 2020.

1. /u/dem00z Win User

Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter.

/u/dem00z, Sep 26, 2020

2. Surround Sound on PC

There are two factors that will enable the 7.1 Surround sound. Hence I also have Dolby Atmos Supported 7.1 sound at my home as 7+1 surround sound system, I can say that it is either a windows update issue or driver issue. We verified that's it is not windows
    update hence the update that causes problem is not installed yet the driver part still leaves me some question marks. Those Options on Spatial sound enable the output to be anything more than just 2.0, so if the output is supported including output device
    the option will be available. Its just a mismatch between software and the hardware of the Headset.

I had the issue where my 7.1 stoped working providing me with surround sound yet was able to get it back removing the update that caused it.

I could now suggest to Uninstall audio driver entirely any available in windows safe mode, including the Razer Software and then restart windows to boot up Normally and allow windows to install the basic drivers.

If windows doesn't recognize it then update it manually in device manager. Let Windows install the basic drivers for both the Sound Card and the Headset.

Let's see if this will enable the option.

PS: As long as you are not using the 3.5 Audio jack as connection, These steps should help out at a point.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

Harun

Harun Şakir Oral, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Muffled sound after removing USB headphones and plugging them in again.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the computer and headphone?
    2. Have you tried the same headphone on different computer?
    3. Are you facing the same issue with the different headphone?
    4. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Right click on Volume icon > Sounds >
      Playback.
    2. Select Headphone > Properties > Advanced.
    3. Uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.
    4. Switch to Spatial sound tab > Uncheck “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound”.
    5. Click on OK and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

If the issue still persists I suggest you to refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows
    for the troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter.

Realtek HD Audio Manager 7.1 Surround Sound Not Working (Only Front Left and Right Speakers Work) on Windows 10

I think u do using headphone u have to just hear 2 chanel sound becoz ur headphone usp not jack but when u have to use real 7.1 speakers so i mean 7+1 speakers u have to hear 7+1 chanel sound...

(PLS DOWNLOAD what headset u are have? go download headset driver 7.1 surround sound driver.)

serkan korkmaz, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter.

1. Can't enable my 7.1 surround sound, I have the CM7000 headphone using the 7.1 adapter. - Similar Threads - Can't enable surround

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  4. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?: Every time I got to enable spatial sounds it removes the 7.1 surround sound and only allows me to have Stereo sounds. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-71-surround-sound-and-spatial-sound/1209552d-675b-4100-b2ce-d688330a946b
  5. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?: Every time I got to enable spatial sounds it removes the 7.1 surround sound and only allows me to have Stereo sounds. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-71-surround-sound-and-spatial-sound/1209552d-675b-4100-b2ce-d688330a946b
  6. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1: Please arrange to inform how can I get Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 to install into my PC as I have the original software but don't have the installation CD of the above software. Please help....
  8. Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1: Please arrange to inform how can I get Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 to install into my PC as I have the original software but don't have the installation CD of the above software. Please help....
  9. Windows 7 service pack 1 KB976932

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 service pack 1 KB976932: I want to update windows 7, I have office licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-service-pack-1-kb976932/00c2e32e-a15f-4667-ab05-c4c1365318fa
  10. Windows 7 service pack 1 KB976932

Windows 7 service pack 1 KB976932: I want to update windows 7, I have office licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-service-pack-1-kb976932/00c2e32e-a15f-4667-ab05-c4c1365318fa