Windows 10: Can't enable or find the option to enable Tamper Protection LTSC 2019

Discus and support Can't enable or find the option to enable Tamper Protection LTSC 2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (Build 17763). I see no option to enable Tamper Protection in windows defender, nor any option in the registry in:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BigDav, Aug 8, 2020.

1. BigDav Win User

Can't enable or find the option to enable Tamper Protection LTSC 2019

I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (Build 17763).

I see no option to enable Tamper Protection in windows defender, nor any option in the registry in:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Features

When I run Get-MpComputerStatus I see the tamper protection flag set to "False"

Is there a way of enabling Tamper protection, or is it because of the version of windows I am running? Thanks.

:)

BigDav, Aug 8, 2020
  2. RJFYEG Win User

Tamper Protection missing from Windows Security in Windows 10 Pro

Hey there,

Tamper Protection is a security feature that was introduced in Windows 10 version 1903, otherwise known as the May 2019 Update. When enabled, Tamper Protection prevents Windows Security and Windows Defender settings from being changed by programs, Windows command
    line tools, Registry changes, or group policies.

This is a good feature so it doesn't allow malware to override Windows Security and Defender.

To enable Tamper Protection do the following:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-...

Are you using third-party anti-virus software?

RJFYEG, Aug 8, 2020
  3. OpenSSH as an optional feature on Windows LTSC 2019 OS

From this Windows LTSC 2019 - 1809, I gather that the LTSC 2019 has features equivalent to Windows 10, 1809, further affirmed by this statement -

However, I am not certain, if this extends also to the availability of optional features, such as Windows' own OpenSSH implementation, which is listed as an optional feature on 1803 and 1809.

Without having the actual OS in hand, is there someplace where this information, whether optional features present within the base Windows 10 1809 Pro, have made their way into the long term service channel version, is provided, perhaps a compatibility matrix provided by Microsoft?

user1173240, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Bazsl1 Win User

Tamper Protection missing from Windows Security in Windows 10 Pro

I have four PCs running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. One of the four does not have the Tamper Protection option in Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Settings. Why and what must I do to enable Tamper Protection? Thanks.

Bazsl1, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't enable or find the option to enable Tamper Protection LTSC 2019 - Similar Threads - Can't enable find

2. Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune: Hello,My name is Matthew Robles, I work for KaufmanIT, MSP. We have countless clients with machines that do not have tamper protection enabled. I can see that I am able to enable tamper protection via the Defender UI, but it is not feasible to schedule remote desktop...
  3. Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune: Hello,My name is Matthew Robles, I work for KaufmanIT, MSP. We have countless clients with machines that do not have tamper protection enabled. I can see that I am able to enable tamper protection via the Defender UI, but it is not feasible to schedule remote desktop...
  4. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  5. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  6. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cannot enable Tamper Protection in Registry

Cannot enable Tamper Protection in Registry: The Registry keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Featureshas a value called TamperProtection which is set to 1 instead of 5 where 5=enabled.It cannot be changed. Access Denied also to Permissions ownership and any security value.This is almost certainly...
  8. How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?: Hi all,Is it possible to enable Tamper Protection on Windows servers? I've navigated to where the option is supposed to be in Windows settings to turn it on as described here but I can't see it. I can see the option on my Windows 10 machine, however.I've tried to turn it on...
  9. How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?

How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?: Hi all,Is it possible to enable Tamper Protection on Windows servers? I've navigated to where the option is supposed to be in Windows settings to turn it on as described here but I can't see it. I can see the option on my Windows 10 machine, however.I've tried to turn it on...
  10. Tamper protection turned off and cannot be enabled

Tamper protection turned off and cannot be enabled: For some odd reason, Tamper Protection on Windows Defender turned itself off. It'd be nice if I could just click and re-enable it, but somehow, this is disabled with the message "This setting is managed by your administrator," except, this is home machine and I AM the ONLY...