Windows 10: Can't enable System Restore

Discus and support Can't enable System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; It worked, Thks A Lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hats Off TairikuOkami Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cfourkays, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Can't enable System Restore

It worked, Thks A Lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hats Off TairikuOkami

Mohammedrocks70, Sep 19, 2016
  2. Rams4life Win User

I had a virus. when I would look on tcpvew, it was showing 105 connections that s named "printing". I immediately disconnected from the internet I then ran malwarebytes and removed 36 malware. Ran it again and showed 5 drivers as malware in sys32/drivers/ect. It was named "host". I noticed when I would remove it with MB, it would reappear. But when I removed it manually it did not come back. So I thought I was in the clear but I was unable to turn on system restore. I ran your command prompt ad it's back on. Thanks buddy!!!

Rams4life, Feb 26, 2017
  3. rmsatx Win User
    You can also go to (Hold down the Windows key + "R") and Type sysdm.cpl in the search box(command line) and press <Enter>.
    Then select the SYSTEM PROTECTION tab then highlight the C:\\ drive and then select the configure button and then you can switch it over to TURN ON SYSTEM PROTECTION and then click APPLY and then OK and then OK
    This will get you back to your MAIN SCREEN and you can go from there. Your SYSTEM PROTECTION will now be on.
    All the above here is great information on how to get this done and is proven to work.
    I appreciate you all *Cool*Cool*Cool

rmsatx, May 24, 2017
  4. Can't enable System Restore

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I was able to get System Restore turned on by adding the {09F7EDC5-294E-4180-AF6A-FB0E6A0E9513} value in the registry. But when I try to restore to a restore point, I get an error saying "The drive cannot be found" pointing to the "1" drive. What I see in the registry for a machine with it manually turned on is "\\?\Volume{c1771042-26e1-4806-83ad-bd0e2abc416f}\*SadC%3A)". Any idea where that value comes from?

davidg5700, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't enable System Restore

1. Can't enable System Restore - Similar Threads - Can't enable System

2. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  3. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  4. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  5. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  6. System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.

System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.: Hi, when I went to make a system restore point, with protection enabled, it showed a warning message exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. The message said 'Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted...
  7. enable system restore registry key

enable system restore registry key: Do someone know if it is posible to enable system restore with registry key in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-system-restore-registry-key/9e34679f-12cd-4433-8750-3bdce6f7f360
  8. Why is system restore not enabled as default?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is system restore not enabled as default?: Hey Guys Is there a reason system restore is not enabled as default? Not needed any more/ is there now a better alternative ? Many thanks.... 12126
  9. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore disabled and cannot enable it: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...
  10. Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows How to Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 restore point) without losing personal data files. System Restore is enabled by default in Windows. If disabled, create a restore...