Windows 10: Can't enable thumbnails

Discus and support Can't enable thumbnails in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I enable thumbnails in file explorer? I have unticked the 'always show icons not thumbnails' in view menu, and ticked 'show thumbnails instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by john3650, Dec 1, 2022.

1. john3650 Win User

Can't enable thumbnails

How do I enable thumbnails in file explorer? I have unticked the 'always show icons not thumbnails' in view menu, and ticked 'show thumbnails instead of icons' in the performance options. I have also cleared the thumbs cache.This is a new PC today, with W11 build 22621.900Any help appreciated, but not too technical please.

:)

john3650, Dec 1, 2022

2. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Can't enable thumbnails

No thumbnails issue in Windows 10

Thank you for your prompt response. Certain folder options can cause the thumbnails not to appear in your File Explorer. Let us follow these steps to ensure that the thumbnail settings are enabled:

• Using Windows Search, type and click File Explorer Options.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Uncheck the Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox.

Reach out to us again if further help is needed.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Can't enable thumbnails

1. Can't enable thumbnails - Similar Threads - Can't enable thumbnails

2. Can't enable notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable notifications.: Whenever I click the notification toggle to on, it instantly switches off.A lot like in this video: Windows 11 notifications for some applications are grayed and can't be - Microsoft CommunityExcept mine does it to the general option, not in specific apps....
  3. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  4. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  5. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  6. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  7. Can't enable thumbnails

Can't enable thumbnails: How do I enable thumbnails in file explorer? I have unticked the 'always show icons not thumbnails' in view menu, and ticked 'show thumbnails instead of icons' in the performance options. I have also cleared the thumbs cache.This is a new PC today, with W11 build 22621.900Any...
  8. Enable SVG Thumbnails in Explorer in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable SVG Thumbnails in Explorer in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Although Windows 11 and Windows 10 show the default SVG opening app, you can show the SVG thumbnails in File Explorer using this tutorial. It is possible to enable SVG thumbnails in File Explorer in Windows 11/10 with the help of Microsoft PowerToys. Scalable Vector...
  9. can't display thumbnails of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't display thumbnails of folders: can't display thumbnails of folders Can display before. now can't [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-display-thumbnails-of-folders/77eb1c25-7af4-474b-a4ea-9cd60702d7e7
  10. how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks

in Windows 10 Support
    how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks: hello :-) I have this weird and annoying problem (pictures included) - https://www.facebook.com/avi.assayag1/media_set?set=a.1... Shutterfly picture 3 - on my desktop, I can only peek my taskbar windows in an icon mode without any thumbnails on, picture 1,2 - on...