Windows 10: can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc

Discus and support can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i open windows firewall error message like this '' The windows Defender Firewall with advanced security snap-in failed to load .restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlvinF1, May 31, 2020.

1. AlvinF1 Win User

can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc

when i open windows firewall error message like this '' The windows Defender Firewall with advanced security snap-in failed to load .restart the windows firewall services on the computer that you are managing Error code 0x6D9'' .Then I Open services.msc to restart the windows Defender firewall but i cant click anything on services msc windows defender firewall i have try many solutions on youtube or google but cant fix it .And i try reinstall mpssvc to solve that but cant to error message like this when i reinstall mpssvc in cmd

[SC] StartService FAILED 1058:

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

help my problem plis i need to get back my windows firewall thanks

can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc 873359f1-1bf4-4960-8b76-34d80c653876?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlvinF1, May 31, 2020

2. can't start firewall

Is that your computer? Based on the last screenshot, it looks, that Windows Defender was partially removed. If it was after install, SFC scan should fix it, but if it was removed from the setup, only reinstall would help.

WF requires at least those 3 services to be running.
    Code:

TairikuOkami, May 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - svchost running at max cpu with MpsSvc seen as the top consumer

Hello,

Based on your post, we may need to do further investigation. Kindly confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing steps below:

Method 1: Start and stop the Services.

• Click Start -> Run, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
    • Double click the service “Automatic Updates”.
    • Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option “Local System Account” is selected and the option “Allow service to interact with desktop” is unchecked.
    • Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
    • Click on the tab “General” and make sure the “Startup Type” is “Automatic”. Then please click the button “Start” under “Service Status” to start the service.
    • Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).

Method 2: If still the issue persist, then we suggest running the SFC scan.
    System File Checker tool is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions
    in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Regarding the issue with Windows Defender, if you have any third party antivirus software and firewall disable them temporarily and make sure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 31, 2020
  4. can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 31, 2020
Thema:

can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc

1. can't enable windows firewall on services.msc and can't Reinstall the mpssvc - Similar Threads - can't enable firewall

2. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services: I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned my pc with Mcafee and Gridinsoft and the pc is clean. I tried millions of solutions to repair windows defender, microphone...
  3. Can't enable Windows Update services.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable Windows Update services.: So I recently bought a game on microsoft store, but it doesen't let me download it. It says I need to enable microsoft update services, yet however I tried, it just doesen't let me. I tried starting it from services.msc I tried from cmd as administrator net start wuauserv sc...
  4. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it: I somehow set the mpssvc service's startup type to disabled, but now I want it back on. The problem is, I can not set it back to auto, no matter I do. Screenshots attached. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back

Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back: [ATTACH] Firewall service is disabled and as you see above it's grayed out and i can't change anything , so i need help on how to fix this and turn it back on Keep in mind that this issue occurred before installing an antivirus , but i recently installed kaspersky and ran a...
  6. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  7. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  8. Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed

Windows Firewall can't start and can't be fixed: My Windows Firewall can't started correctly. The service always start and stop every half second, and I received many the systemlogs like this: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System>< Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  9. Can't enable Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable Software Protection Service: Hello, I can't enable the service "Software Protection" becuase of that error: Der Dienst "Software Protection" auf "Lokaler Computer" konnte nicht gestartet werden. Fehler 1058: Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit...
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...