Windows 10: Can't enable Windows Sonic.

Discus and support Can't enable Windows Sonic. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I right click on the volume icon, the option to turn it on is greyed out, and when I try to enable it in the Audio Devices settings, I can click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChillinLikeAPhilin, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Can't enable Windows Sonic.

When I right click on the volume icon, the option to turn it on is greyed out, and when I try to enable it in the Audio Devices settings, I can click to enable it, but it immediately reverts back to being off. This happens no matter what audio device I have connected. I know it worked not even a month ago, but now it doesn't want to.

submitted by /u/ChillinLikeAPhilin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChillinLikeAPhilin, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 20, 2020
  3. How to enable/disable Windows Sonic with a keyboard shortcut?

I really like to play with Windows Sonic enabled but sometimes I need it to be disabled.

How can I enable/disable (toggle) it using keyboard shortcut f.ex.ALT+F9 ?

Information about what is Windows Sonic :

Spatial Sound - Win32 apps

Michal Przybylowicz, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Can't enable Windows Sonic.

Can't be able to activate windows sonic.

Hi Talha,

If you’re unable to activate the Windows Sonic, it’s possible that a conflict has occurred or it’s due to incompatible device driver. To learn more about your concern, I’d like to know the
    build and version of Windows 10 that’s installed on your PC. You may type
    winver in the search box to get this information. Also, was there an error message/code that has appeared at the time that you've tried activating it? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform a clean boot so we can isolate if there’s a conflict with the other app that’s installed on your PC. Click
    here for the complete steps. Once you’re in the clean boot environment, you may try to enable or activate the Windows Sonic from
    there and check the result.

Note: After the troubleshooting, refer to this section: “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” on the same support
    article
    to boot the computer in normal setup once the issue has been resolved.

Let me know the outcome after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't enable Windows Sonic.

1. Can't enable Windows Sonic. - Similar Threads - Can't enable Sonic

2. i Cant enable windows sonic in surround sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i Cant enable windows sonic in surround sound: when i run trouble shooting it says i need some windows driver i couldnt find i dont have any idea how i can fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-enable-windows-sonic-in-surround-sound/df0472e0-a4d4-41fe-b188-e9c29cfc7a0e
  3. Can't change musical quality and have Windows Sonic for Headphones on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change musical quality and have Windows Sonic for Headphones on?: Whenever I choose one, it turns the other off, help, like I can't turn up the khz without it turning Windows Sonic for Headphones off submitted by /u/YeetzaYeetza [link] [comments]...
  4. Sound Issue - Can't disable Windows Sonic for Headphones

Sound Issue - Can't disable Windows Sonic for Headphones: I'm a serious gamer, and use a Schiit Jotunheim headphone amp for audio - it has a Realtek chipset inside, connected via USB to my PC. My issues is that my virtual surround is stuck on Windows Sonic - I can't even disable this terrible codec! If I go to change the sound codec...
  5. Windows sonic 7.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sonic 7.1: Hi I recently purchased the turtle beach elite pro 2 headset and when I follow the instructions to enable surround sound it doesn't work When I select windows spacial there is no option for 7.1 and when I run configure it has a error message saying format not supported...
  6. Windows Sonic

Windows Sonic: I can't enable windows sonic. I can't even click [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sonic/9d7edb4f-f501-4976-abed-de68ba7b6c74
  7. I can't turn on Windows sonic option.

I can't turn on Windows sonic option.: Hey! I can't turn on Windows Sonic option, it appears as grey. Even mono audio is off. What should I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-windows-sonic-option/b7bed604-b8b3-482b-b287-ba4334489f66
  8. How to enable windows sonic for headphones on certain gams automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable windows sonic for headphones on certain gams automatically?: Is there a way to enable it when I open certain games automatically and un-enable it when I close a game automatically? submitted by /u/Opps1999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpctfc/how_to_enable_windows_sonic_for_headphones_on/
  9. Windows Sonic

Windows Sonic: I wanted to try this feature and was able to enable it. However, people get the 7.1 even in stereo headphones, while I do not. My headphones register as speakers in settings when using 3.5 stick. When I go into control panel for sound and under the speakers that my headset...
  10. Regarding Windows Sonic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Windows Sonic: What all headphones supports this function and are earphones not capable of this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-sonic/d18c5b22-df8b-4cc6-9f5a-e3b905039255