Windows 10: can't encrypt the drive access is denied

Discus and support can't encrypt the drive access is denied in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have created a customized image for a Dell 5420 laptop everything has installed correctly was able to login with no issues. Run updates all is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jchambers777, Aug 19, 2021.

1. can't encrypt the drive access is denied

Hi, I have created a customized image for a Dell 5420 laptop everything has installed correctly was able to login with no issues. Run updates all is going well. The only issue I have is when I login as a regular user I can't get the C: drive to encrypt it gives me the error message that is in the subject. BUT if I login as an admin to the local computer it is most certainly going to work. We don't want to have to set up people as ADMINS in order for bit locker to work. Ultimately trying to setup bitlocker to work under a user and when they go to encrypt it, it will ask them where do they want to save this password? You have a choice to save it to AD DS that's the choice we want. However, I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. When I imaged the laptop I never turned off TPM nor did I turn off secure boot. It imaged just fine without having to turn those settings off I never got any kind of errors. Steps I have done to try to correct the issue: I have used manage-bde -on still doesn't work I have gone into services and turn on Bitlocker to startup automatic still not working Turned off TPM restart go back into BIOS turned on TPM still not working Now do you think it might have to do with AD NOT seeing the computer name yet? I have noticed that the computer hasn't showed up in AD yet even though I have joined it to domain. I have done a gpupdate /force still hasn't showed up yet. I have logged in with the user name still can't turn on bitlocker. The only way it looks like it is going to work is by adding the user as an ADMIN on the local computer. That is NOT what we want to do. So, that is why I have come in here to see if someone has knowledge on this and could direct me what I could do. Thank you - - - Updated - - - I went ahead and going to reimage the laptop. This time I turned off secure boot and TPM. Once the computer comes back up I will restart it go back into BIOS and enable secure boot and TPM see if that makes a difference.

:)

jchambers777, Aug 19, 2021

2. Accessing encrypted files

I have files on my backup hard drive which I cannot access - they have little padlock symbols on them.

After trying many different things, I get two messages:

1. There is a problem decrypting the files - access denied (or words to that effect)

2. "You need administrator permission to access this file" I am listed as the administrator on this computer.

I did not knowingly encrypt these files, just backed them up on the HD.

When I go through "properties" the permissions I see against my name have grey ticks, rather than black ones.

This suggests they are not actually effective/available.

Please help!!

RomanRencki, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Aug 19, 2021
  4. can't encrypt the drive access is denied

"Access is Denied" despite installed encryption key and added permissions

I moved encrypted files to a secondary hard drive and backed up the encryption certificates before wiping my OS drive. Now, on a fresh install of Windows 10, I've installed the encryption certificates and added permissions of Full Control for Everyone on
    the files themselves (which are still residing on the secondary hard drive).

However, when I try to open the files or clear the encryption checkbox, I get "Access is Denied." What am I missing?

Thank you very much for any help; I really don't want to lose access to this data!

thisismyname123, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

can't encrypt the drive access is denied

1. can't encrypt the drive access is denied - Similar Threads - can't encrypt drive

2. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  3. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  4. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't encrypt the drive access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    can't encrypt the drive access is denied: Hi, I have created a customized image for a Dell 5420 laptop everything has installed correctly was able to login with no issues. Run updates all is going well. The only issue I have is when I login as a regular user I can't get the C: drive to encrypt it gives me the error...
  6. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  7. Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied

Bitlocker encrypted drive access denied: When I open bitlocker password protected drive than error shows that "The code execution cannot proceed because FVEAPI.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". plz help me and how to fix this error. window 10 pro education version1909 [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied

Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied: I have just purchased a new computer W10 Pro and I can't access any external disk or via network. I have a laptop W10 Home and it has no problem reading these disks. The same disks can be accessed on the W7 computer. The message is YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSTION TO ACCESS THIS...
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...