Windows 10: can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

Discus and support can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP desktop that I've never been able to use. It first asks for a password which I'm able to key. Then it goes to a create a hello... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mjejr5, Apr 9, 2021.

1. mjejr5 Win User

can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

I have a brand new HP desktop that I've never been able to use. It first asks for a password which I'm able to key. Then it goes to a create a hello pin entry screen. It doesn't allow me to enter anything. If I cancel or try to get out of the screen, it displays a message that my account requires me to create a pin. I'm in a hard loop and can't get use my desktop.

I've been through long discourse and trying things with 3 support people with HP, even sending my desktop to their repair plant at their request. It came back with no change. They said if having trouble with your pin to go to Microsoft support. I can't go anywhere on that machine. There must be a way to eliminate the create pin screen or get past it? It's clearly not going to allow me to create a pin.

I'm so discouraged. It's a great new desktop if only I could use it.

Thanks for any help with this.

:)

mjejr5, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Apr 9, 2021
  4. can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

Opening screen, entering PIN

For some reason after updating to Win 10 Creator's Edition I now have to enter my PIN twice in order to proceed. First time merely returns me to the screen showing the "picture of the day". Have to enter pin second time to get past this and to my Desktop.

Started from first use of new edition.

Any suggestions on how to just enter PIN one time and proceed?

ArthurLevin, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

1. can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen - Similar Threads - can't enter pin

2. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  6. PIN Creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  7. PIN Creation

8. Windows Hello PIN creation not working

Windows Hello PIN creation not working: This problem began after I was able to switch email accounts for my Microsoft account on my new computer. When I first made my computer, the Microsoft account I used to create a User profile with was I'll call it here email 1. I was able to easily make a PIN for this...
  9. pin creation

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin creation: I am running Windows 10 pro version 1803 OS Build 17134.915 and trying to set up a login PIN I go to sign in options re-renter my password then choose add PIN then set up PIN the window then comes up asking for New PIN and Confirm PIN, but I am unable to type in either of...
  10. Can't enter PIN for Headset

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enter PIN for Headset: Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit number and asking if that number matches the headset PIN. Plantronics has publicly posted the fact that the PIN is "0000"...