Windows 10: Can't enter Audit mode and customize only for one user.

Discus and support Can't enter Audit mode and customize only for one user. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys. Im building an unattended Windows 10 Pro setup following this guide: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Orsi, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Orsi Win User

Can't enter Audit mode and customize only for one user.

hey guys.
    Im building an unattended Windows 10 Pro setup following this guide: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums. Everything works perfectly altought I would like to improve the image with a few more pre-installed softwares, so I started a clean setup using the previous build unattended Windows setup. The problem is that unlike before, it doesn't show the Settings dialog, after the first reboot it jumps straigh to the user setup, so there's no screen where ctrl + shift + F3 works.
    Can someone guide about how to solve this issue?
    Btw, how can I make the customized image become the active one just to first logged in user? I mean, my computer is used by me and my wife and there's some softwares the should be shown only in my profile.

Thanks a lot!

:)

2. Can't enter Audit mode

hey guys.

Im building an unattended Windows 10 Pro setup following this guide: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep. Everything works perfectly altought I would like to improve the image with a few more pre-installed
    softwares, so I started a clean setup using the previous build unattended Windows setup. The problem is that unlike before, it doesn't show the Settings dialog, after the first reboot it jumps straigh to the user setup, so there's no screen where ctrl + shift
    + F3 works.

Can someone guide about how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

RaphaelOrsi, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Can't enter Audit mode

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to post your query on the TechNet Forum which would be better suited for the issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

That will not work. Even if it would work, to sysprep an already sysprepped image is a bad idea.

Not possible. Everything you install on built-in admin profile in Audit Mode will be for all users.

5. Orsi Win User
    Thanks, looks like I'll have to restart... Wonderful tutorial, btw!

Orsi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't enter Audit mode and customize only for one user. - Similar Threads - Can't enter Audit

2. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  3. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  4. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  5. Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode

Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode: I am creating a new image for my company from a clean Windows 10 installation, and I want to use Audit Mode to set up the default profile. One of the programs we are required to have on all computers is Symantec Endpoint Protection which is pushed out as a remote...
  6. Unable to enter Sysprep Audit Mode - Control + Shift + F3

Unable to enter Sysprep Audit Mode - Control + Shift + F3: Hi, Trying to boot into Audit mode with a Lenovo X1 Yoga G2. I am at the screen where I am prompted with "Who's Going to use this PC". When I press Control + Shift + F3 the system volume goes up. This is Windows 10 Enterprise, Build\Version 1709. How can I get into Audit...
  7. Audit Customizations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Audit Customizations: So I'm working on creating a reference image for myself and some friends. The idea was to debloat windows as much as possible. I figured out how to do most of what I need through trial and error, however, there are a few last changes that I just can't seem to figure out....
  8. Audit Customizations

Audit Customizations: So I'm working on creating a reference image for myself and some friends. The idea was to debloat windows as much as possible. I figured out how to do most of what I need through trial and error, however, there are a few last changes that I just can't seem to figure out....
  9. Pinned Icons in Customized Audit Mode

Pinned Icons in Customized Audit Mode: I customized my Windows 10 in Audit Mode and created a answer file by the Windows System Image Manager. CopyProfile in the answer file is set on true In the customization I removed the Edge browser Icon and the Windows Store from the Task bar. I know that pinned Icons at...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...