Windows 10: Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

Discus and support Can't enter BIOS after drive compression in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I decided to compress everything on my main drive which was a horrible idea. [ATTACH] Now I can't enter my BIOS anymore. I tried: Pressing keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Francois Kruger, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

So I decided to compress everything on my main drive which was a horrible idea.

Can't enter BIOS after drive compression wdEDx.png

Now I can't enter my BIOS anymore. I tried:

• Pressing keys on startup
    • Running shutdown /s /fw in cmd but I get this error Boot to firmware UI is not supported by this system's firmware.(1)
    • Unchecking the "Compress this drive to save space" checkbox (which took like 24 hours and most of my files still have that blue compressed icon on them, so maybe the decompression failed?)

Any idea what is wrong and how I can fix this so that I can enter my BIOS on startup? I could startup to my BIOS by pressing keys just fine, but after the compression I can't enter my BIOS anymore. The compression is definitely the problem (I think)

:)

Francois Kruger, Apr 17, 2019

2. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Apr 17, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

1. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression - Similar Threads - Can't enter BIOS

2. after converted the bios to gpt i can't enter the bios settings i don't see it when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after converted the bios to gpt i can't enter the bios settings i don't see it when...: when booting the pc there is the logo of the pc then instead give me the options of the bios F7 F9 F10 F11 F12...there is a black screen and then it's loading the windows 10 fine. now i have windows 10 pn my pc.the question is what have i done ? should i stay with it as it is...
  3. after converted the bios to gpt i can't enter the bios settings i don't see it when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after converted the bios to gpt i can't enter the bios settings i don't see it when...: when booting the pc there is the logo of the pc then instead give me the options of the bios F7 F9 F10 F11 F12...there is a black screen and then it's loading the windows 10 fine. now i have windows 10 pn my pc.the question is what have i done ? should i stay with it as it is...
  4. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS enter fail: I always fail to enter BIOS, I want to enter this to enable VT. I tried pressing all F keys, but nothing worked. UEFI BIOS settings do not have the options to enable/disable VT. Please help....
  5. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS enter fail: I always fail to enter BIOS, I want to enter this to enable VT. I tried pressing all F keys, but nothing worked. UEFI BIOS settings do not have the options to enable/disable VT. Please help....
  6. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to enter BIOS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enter BIOS?: So I need to modify few things on my computer and when I try to enter BIOS, it's not working. I am trying to press F2 or delete but still nada. I got this laptop few months ago so I was never really interested in checking it. So now I need help from y'all. Please comment if...
  8. Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro: After years of hype about how wonderful Windows 10 is supposed to be, I bit the bullet at the weekend after my Windows 7 Ultimate installation started to constantly refresh the screen with no apparent solution after days of trying to find out what was going on. I installed...
  9. Can't enter bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enter bios: Windows 10 with wireless mouse and keyboard and HCl motherboard. Unable to enter bios mode as pc starts directly from blue windows screen. How to enter the bios? I.e. removing any hardware, already tried cmos. submitted by /u/CJ__47 [link] [comments]...
  10. can't enter bios menu after system image restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can't enter bios menu after system image restore: I have an Asus UEFI mobo on my custom-built desktop, a few months old. B150M-K D3 It has American Megatrends firmware Today I restored my system from a macrium reflect system image. I went back only 2-3 hours in time. After rebooting, windows started up fine. But the...