Windows 10: Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After years of hype about how wonderful Windows 10 is supposed to be, I bit the bullet at the weekend after my Windows 7 Ultimate installation started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DickyWall, Sep 7, 2020.

1. DickyWall Win User

Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro

After years of hype about how wonderful Windows 10 is supposed to be, I bit the bullet at the weekend after my Windows 7 Ultimate installation started to constantly refresh the screen with no apparent solution after days of trying to find out what was going on. I installed Windows 10 Pro and, after a few hiccups due to the refreshing screen issue, I eventually managed to complete the installation and now have a Windows 10 desktop machine.......with no constant screen refreshing. Great, or so I thought.

While trying to sort out the screen refreshing issue on the old Windows 7 Ultimate installation, I had entered the BIOS and switched the default display adapter from my NVIDIA graphics card to the Integrated Intel HD graphics on the motherboard. The screen refreshing was still there so the NVIDIA graphics card was not the problem. Having got Windows 10 Pro up and running, I now of course want to change the default display adapter back to my NVIDIA graphics card so I rebooted and tried to enter the BIOS. Nothing. Just a blank screen. Several attempts were made with same result. Booting into the BIOS which is a legacy BIOS as opposed to UEFI now seems to be impossible. According to many posts on the internet, this is apparently a very well known issue for very many people who have installed Windows 10. It seems that, in an attempt to boot up as quickly as possible, Windows 10 appears to jump over all the usual startup stuff so quickly that any attempt at tapping a key to get into BIOS just will not be seen. As with many others, all suggested ways around this problem have been tried and nothing works and so, for now, I have an expensive graphics card that can't be used. Thank you Microsoft!! The very serious issue here is that this problem is preventing people from being able to access very critical functionality on their PCs and, despite the fact that Microsoft seem to have known about this for a very long time, they don't give the impression of having any intention of doing anything to resolve the problem. This is such a basic problem given that the BIOS determines so much about how a computer system performs. BIOS does after all stand for Basic Input/Output System and I can't believe for one second that Microsoft do not understand how important being able to access it is. Installing Windows 10 effectively wrecks this incredibly important function on their PCs which, quite frankly, is ridiculous and totally unforgivable.

So, come on Microsoft, do the right thing for once and stop ignoring what you are being told but constantly ignoring. This is a very serious issue indeed and should be corrected as a matter of extreme urgency. Personally, I would be very happy to have boot up take a few seconds longer and be able to exercise my right to access my BIOS. Judging by the very considerable number of posts about this issue, it sounds like many others would agree with me.

I look for ward to your response and, more importantly, some meaningful action.

Best regards,

**** Wall *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

:)

DickyWall, Sep 7, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Can't enter BIOS

2. Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu: Hi! First of all this is not the first time I have installed more than on Operating System.I actually use more than one SSD with different operating systems. Windows 7, 8.1, 10, & 11; Debian 11 & Debian 12; Ubuntu Latest - I forgot the version Kubuntu, Xubuntu, & Lubuntu;...
  3. Bios after Windows 10 Pro install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios after Windows 10 Pro install: Hi. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5088 that I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on, but i soon found out that my Windows 7 Home Premium activation code does not work. I was wanting to downgrade to Windows 10 Home, but i can't acess my bios on boot. I was going to use the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro won't boot unless I enter BIOS first: I got a Windows 10 Pro license through Microsoft for our nonprofit. I had a new computer with NO operating system on it. I had issues trying to load Windows 10 Pro onto the new computer via a USB drive. I tried to change something in the BIOS settings to make it work, but it...
  5. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update: I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product with windows 10 pro preinstalled. When the BIOS was updated, it began running Windows 10 Home edition. I contacted MSI as...
  6. Can't enter bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enter bios: Windows 10 with wireless mouse and keyboard and HCl motherboard. Unable to enter bios mode as pc starts directly from blue windows screen. How to enter the bios? I.e. removing any hardware, already tried cmos. submitted by /u/CJ__47 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting: I want to test my bootable USB Media. I am trying to restart my Win 10 PC from a bootable USB media, but I can't make the PC stop at the BIOS to select the USB drive. On start-up, the screen comes up that says hit f12 to go into Boot Options, and I tap f12 repeatedly, but...
  8. Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10: I've gone through several help sections to try to open up BIOS in Window 10 - and some the answer here are so unhelpful. Is there a simple way to open in BIOS mode to update my BIOS? It from 2012 and I have having some issues with the computer. Or it is just tough...
  9. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter BIOS after drive compression: So I decided to compress everything on my main drive which was a horrible idea. [ATTACH] Now I can't enter my BIOS anymore. I tried: Pressing keys on startup Running shutdown /s /fw in cmd but I get this error Boot to firmware UI is not supported by this system's...
  10. can't enter bios menu after system image restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can't enter bios menu after system image restore: I have an Asus UEFI mobo on my custom-built desktop, a few months old. B150M-K D3 It has American Megatrends firmware Today I restored my system from a macrium reflect system image. I went back only 2-3 hours in time. After rebooting, windows started up fine. But the...