Windows 10: Can't enter data in EPM upgrade

Discus and support Can't enter data in EPM upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX I hope this is acceptable in this forum. Today I purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcebob, Aug 30, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Can't enter data in EPM upgrade

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX

I hope this is acceptable in this forum.

Today I purchased the pro version of EaseUS Partition Master and, as directed, downloaded the trial edition. I received the license code both at the time of purchase and by email. When I opened the program and clicked on the Activate icon the Activation window came up with a field for entering the code. I had copied the code to the clipboard and hit ^V to enter it but no response. On Rt click there is and option to Paste, which brought no response. So I tried to type in the code manually. After several characters the field refused to accept a "-" and then some other characters. So the entry failed.

I rebooted, disabled all of my startup programs and tried again. No joy.

Now, I know that EPM is popular and many others have successfully installed it. I did leave a message with Easeus support, who have gone home for the night, but perhaps the problem is with my os.

What might cause paste (^v) not to work? Is it possible that the license code contains weird characters? I can paste it into Notepad easily. Here's an excerpt: "“N1UP-147|". I do note the curly quotes, but they are acceptable to Notepad.

:)

tcebob, Aug 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 does not recognize second HDD EFI Hardware in CPU

Could you download and install Easeus Partition Manager then check if the drive shows up there?

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition ...

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-fr...

Also:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

type the following commands

DISKPART

Hit Enter

list volume

Hit Enter

Does the drive show up?

You can also try resetting the BIOS default:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Shenan Stanley, Aug 30, 2017
  4. tcebob Win User

I'll mark this as Solved, although it isn't quite. Easeus support says they will set up a remote session and I agreed. Don't know when.

tcebob, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't enter data in EPM upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't enter data

2. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't enter Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't enter Windows Security: I have checked for windows update and i have the latest one already. Version number: 21H2Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.527.0I am not sure it is a bug or what but i hope i can get a solution...
  6. Can't enter Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter Windows 10: I'm trying to clear an old computer for resale. On start-up, an obsolescent phone number appears. I don't know the requested password and can't go further. I am offered the alternative of entering my Microsoft password. Although I enter the current MS PW of my account with...
  7. Can't enter Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter Windows 10: I'm trying to clear an old computer for resale. On booting, I get an obsolescent phone number, don't know the password, and can't go further. I am offered the alternative to enter my Microsoft password. Although I enter the MS PW with certainty and accurately I get an...
  8. Can't enter UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enter UEFI: ASUS ROG GL531GT-RS53 Windows 10 Pro sysinfo > Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 winver > Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) (laptop purchased with Home, paid for & upgraded to Pro) Left the laptop running last night (just closed the lid - set to "do nothing") and when I woke...
  9. Can't enter bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enter bios: Windows 10 with wireless mouse and keyboard and HCl motherboard. Unable to enter bios mode as pc starts directly from blue windows screen. How to enter the bios? I.e. removing any hardware, already tried cmos. submitted by /u/CJ__47 [link] [comments]...
  10. Entering data into fields

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entering data into fields: When I am correcting some data entered, every once in a while the letter I enter appears on the screen BUT THE next character is deleted. How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-data-into-fields/afafb19d-ba92-40d8-bc5c-b068f07fb301