Windows 10: Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

Discus and support Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arthur Blank, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. This problem does not exist if I use the Brave browser -I have cleared the cache, allowed pop ups, Any ideas? Also this problem does not occur if I use my laptop. Each computer is on the same netwrk.

:)

Arthur Blank, Jun 6, 2022

2. Unable to enter password in bios screen

This method takes advantage of the backdoors built by manufacturers. The default passwords for specific vendors have been available for some time.

Here's How:

1. Switch on your PC and enter a wrong password three or more times.

2. A message will display an alert that says your system is disabled or the password failed.

3. The message will also include a number. Note the number as it will help you generate the BIOS backdoor password.

4. Open the BIOS Master Password Generator page on another computer or smartphone.

Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid HDPqme8.jpg

5. Enter the number you saw on the BIOS screen. Click the Get password button to see a list of computer models and passwords. Try the password that is for a machine closest to yours.

6. Reboot your machine to the BIOS password screen and enter the password.

You can always call up customer support and give them the number that came up on the alert screen.

FreeBooter, Jun 6, 2022
  3. Login hangs after entering password

Repro:

• Boot up Win 10 after latest update
    • Enter correct password for Microsoft account
    • Attempt to login
    Result : Login freezes and I am not able to log in.

Hard boot is required.

BrianFalkner, Jun 6, 2022
  4. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

1. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid - Similar Threads - Can't enter password

2. Can't enter the account after password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter the account after password change: After removing my account from the authenticator app I was asked to go certain Microsoft url to create a password. I did all I was asked and after I received un email that my password was created. When I tried to enter my account I was asked again to pass the same steps with...
  3. Can't enter the account after password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter the account after password change: After removing my account from the authenticator app I was asked to go certain Microsoft url to create a password. I did all I was asked and after I received un email that my password was created. When I tried to enter my account I was asked again to pass the same steps with...
  4. Hangs up after entering PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  5. Hangs up after entering PIN

Hangs up after entering PIN: I've seen other issues getting stuck at the PIN, this isn't that.It allows me to enter the PIN, and hang when trying to open the user.I'm not real techie with this, hopefully, it's posted in the right place.I've tried ALT/CNTL/DEL, and ALT or CNTL and tab, it's still trying...
  6. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid: Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge,...
  7. Can't enter password after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter password after Windows 10 Update: My computer just updated but suprisingly i couldn't log in. The keyboard works just fine, I know that because number keys are typing just fine, but not letters.After so many attempts trying to log in i finally got the CHALLENGE PHRASE appeared and again am able to type in...
  8. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  9. Password page redirects after entering password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password page redirects after entering password: I have done latest update of windows 10 Enterprise version on my hp laptop.But when this update was installed successfully, I turned on my laptop and tried to start it but when i enetered my password it redirected me to the same page. I entert my password many times but it is...
  10. password to enter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"