Windows 10: Can't enter PIN for Headset

Discus and support Can't enter PIN for Headset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit number and asking if that number matches the headset PIN.
    Plantronics has publicly posted the fact that the PIN is "0000" but....there is no way I can find to enter 0000. When Windows decides that the numbers don't match the pairing fails and another six-digit number is offered.
    Has anyone encountered this before? How can I enter the known pin?

:)

Kupuna, Jun 13, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't enter PIN for Headset :p

cadaveca, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Cannot enter PIN (0000) for my Bluetooth headset into my Samsung Focus WP7 Phone.

How is that an "answer"!!!! This is a basic design flaw, because some bluetooth devices require the facility to be able to enter in a PIN, and the interface simply does not allow this. My BT headset is my car, and the support site suggest entering in a
    PIN.

Not Good Enough, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Can't enter PIN for Headset

How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't enter PIN for Headset

1. Can't enter PIN for Headset - Similar Threads - Can't enter PIN

2. Entering a Pin to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entering a Pin to sign in: I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop....
  3. Can't enter safe mode

Can't enter safe mode: I have gone through previous postings and while the answer seems close to what I need to, they solution does not work. First of all, I am frustrated by constantly being told my password is bad - yet here I am - finally - bad password and all. What's up with that? Now to...
  4. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Looks like this is a common issue "Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times" I am hitting this problem when my Dell XPS Desktop go to sleep and awake. I don't even type single key, but appears that some back ground process input random letters without me typing anything....
  5. Can't configure headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't configure headset mic: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working...
  6. Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen: I have an HP Envy. Recently, the unlock screen has the PIN field locked so I cannot enter my PIN to unlock Windows 10. I type the PIN anyhow. After a while, if I keep tapping the screen, it shows that it received the 4 digits, but then I wait again. Often it goes back so that...
  7. New prompt to enter PIN

New prompt to enter PIN: I don't want to enter a PIN for extra security. The blue screen comes up when I turn my computer on and I can't get rid of it. Saw Kari's response in Forum10 on removing a PIN but this doesn't help my situation I do not want to get this prompt every time I use my computer...
  8. Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?: Hello, My brother and I share the same computer with separate accounts. When we switch accounts, Windows asks us for our Pin or Password. Is it possible to remove this requirement completely? What I'd like to do is click on my name and my desktop just appears without the...
  9. Enter PIN number twice every login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enter PIN number twice every login: After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen refreshes and I have to reenter the pin, this time the pc accepts it and logs in. I am making sure that I am entering...
  10. Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN: As of a week ago, I have been receiving the error message, "You've entered an incorrect PIN serveral times. To try again enter A1B2C3 below." The problem with that is that I have never entered my PIN incorrectly and am the only one that utilizes my desktop. I have ran...