Windows 10: cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

Discus and support cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, i got a new laptop today, windows 11, was setting it up and one time after restarting the pin just stopped working and now everytime i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zero gravity505, Feb 22, 2023.

1. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

hi, i got a new laptop today, windows 11, was setting it up and one time after restarting the pin just stopped working and now everytime i want to login i have to press "forgot pin" and login via code to my email and change pin afterwards, tried accessibility options or on screen keyboard and nothing worked.im not using a local account, im using my microsoft account so after trying to factory reset the laptop, when i logged in i got back my old settings and thus the bug returned.i just want any solution, be it remove the pin and require no password or fix it.thanks.

:)

zero gravity505, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin 237056d1560442866t-cant-enter-pin-headset-explorer_ducz8l2t15.png

cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin 237058d1560442899t-cant-enter-pin-headset-explorer_1a0y7opgx5.png

Kupuna, Feb 22, 2023
  3. Kupuna Win User
    Can't enter PIN for Headset

Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit number and asking if that number matches the headset PIN.
    Plantronics has publicly posted the fact that the PIN is "0000" but....there is no way I can find to enter 0000. When Windows decides that the numbers don't match the pairing fails and another six-digit number is offered.
    Has anyone encountered this before? How can I enter the known pin?

Kupuna, Feb 22, 2023
  4. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

Hi all

This is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.

My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor.

On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or password because of input issues. As soon as a I type something it disappears again - same is true when using onscreen keyboard. However, once I'm logged in to windows, the keyboard functions perfectly.

Previously, I discovered a way to enter: enter the pin one digit at a time while holding down the windows key. But now my baby daughter pushed numlock a couple of times and I'm on the challenge phrase entry screen. I can enter all the characters except for the C ( ie A1B2 and 3 but I can't enter C, even with onscreen keyboard). Any ideas what's going on?

Same issue with my password - it contains characters that will not input (l and u in this case)

I have tried all kinds of things but not that tech literate.

Any help or advice would truly be appreciated!

Thanks, Dan

Dannowilson, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

1. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin - Similar Threads - cant enter pin

2. Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead: After Restarting my PC I cant enter my PIN any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-my-pin-entering-input-disapperead/783f3013-72be-4753-9aed-605e266b5000
  3. Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead: After Restarting my PC I cant enter my PIN any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-my-pin-entering-input-disapperead/783f3013-72be-4753-9aed-605e266b5000
  4. cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant enter pin, keyboard just wont input anything when trying to enter pin: hi, i got a new laptop today, windows 11, was setting it up and one time after restarting the pin just stopped working and now everytime i want to login i have to press "forgot pin" and login via code to my email and change pin afterwards, tried accessibility options or on...
  5. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  6. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  7. Can't enter PIN

Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  8. Delay when entering PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay when entering PIN: https://imgur.com/a/So0Yrv6 Any idea what could be causing this? (Lock Screen is already turned off with no success) submitted by /u/bigolnutsdude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wpec1f/delay_when_entering_pin/
  9. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  10. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...