Windows 10: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

Discus and support Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc, I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gabriel62, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Gabriel62 Win User

Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc, I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN

If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I select Forgot my Pin or Password option which brings up the following page and just cancel the page with the x in top right, which takes you back to the login page, which now works fine

I can now enter text/numbers in the login box the first time I log on?

This started about 4 weeks ago and only affects my main PC, Laptop is ok

Can't inset images so full document on the following link

:)

Gabriel62, Jan 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

For the person using only the local admin account, have you tried logging in with a password and using a single space? Just a suggestion. When I tried to create a local account to replicate your issue (windows 10), it would not let me use the pin option
    without first setting up a password.

For the folks that have a log on password. Login with your password then:

Start - Settings - Account - Sign in options - I forgot my pin

Agree to the conditions and enter your pin. It does not need to be different.

Log out, then log back in using your pin. I do not know why this works, it just did.

BillEnglert, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

1. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p - Similar Threads - Can't enter pin

2. you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3: My colleague tried to mess with my computer and entered the pin several times while I'm away now every time I open my laptop before entering my pin this shows up:" you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3I should type this "A1B2C3" "how can I...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  5. Can't enter PIN

6. I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 11 for the first time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 11 for the first time?: Change login from Local account Microsoft account ?It's the process of getting windows 11 to accept my Microsoft account; it asked for my Microsoft account password it would not accept the password even its the correct password?...
  7. I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 11 for the first time?

I can't log in with my Microsoft account to windows 11 for the first time?: Change login from Local account Microsoft account ?It's the process of getting windows 11 to accept my Microsoft account; it asked for my Microsoft account password it would not accept the password even its the correct password?...
  8. Log In Takes An Extremely Long Time After Entering PIN.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log In Takes An Extremely Long Time After Entering PIN.: Greetings, My laptop has started to take an abnormally long time to log in after I enter my PIN after start-up. It goes through the normal boot-up process after hitting the power button, but after I enter my PIN, it takes anywhere from 25-45 minutes for the desktop to...
  9. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears. I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I...
  10. First time log in issue, can't enter password

in Windows 10 Support
    First time log in issue, can't enter password: I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck. On the log in screen, I am unable to select or type in the password field and the options in the bottom right are also unavailable. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ELAN keyboard problem...cant enter my PIN

2. cant enter pin windows 10

3. cant enter pin

4. windows cannot enter pin,
  5. cant enter pin passwod