Windows 10: Can't enter PIN

Discus and support Can't enter PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Conor Humowiecki, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Can't enter PIN

I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else in the computer.

:)

Conor Humowiecki, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Can't enter PIN [​IMG]

Can't enter PIN [​IMG]

Kupuna, Aug 19, 2022
  3. How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Can't enter PIN

PIN Entry on Enter

Hi,

To disable your PIN login, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove. It will ask for a confirmation, just click
      Remove.

After that, your PIN login will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Can't enter PIN

1. Can't enter PIN - Similar Threads - Can't enter PIN

2. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  5. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  6. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter PIN on win10 startup: I disabled the CNG Key Isolation service and after restarting I can't enter my windiws 10 password the password window just doesn't appear. I can't use sc commands through the command line. I also have windows 7 installed as a second system, but I can’t run win10 applications...
  7. Can't enter PIN on win10 startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen: I have a brand new HP desktop that I've never been able to use. It first asks for a password which I'm able to key. Then it goes to a create a hello pin entry screen. It doesn't allow me to enter anything. If I cancel or try to get out of the screen, it displays a message...
  9. Windows PIN not accepted, can't enter Safe Mode

Windows PIN not accepted, can't enter Safe Mode: Lenovo Ideapad S145 w Windows 10. 3 month old machine for my son to use for school. He set up a PIN and everything was working great until this week when his "5" button started to work only intermittently. His PIN included a 5 so I changed his PIN to something else, which...
  10. Can't enter PIN for Headset

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enter PIN for Headset: Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit number and asking if that number matches the headset PIN. Plantronics has publicly posted the fact that the PIN is "0000"...