Windows 10: Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update

Discus and support Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had a problem for about a year where it doesnt seem to take any updates. It reverts back and I go on with my life. However this time after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianAaron1, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update

I have had a problem for about a year where it doesnt seem to take any updates. It reverts back and I go on with my life.

However this time after reverting it now gets stuck restarting at the logo screen, right after it says "undoing changes"

I've read the solutions for this problem however I cant get into safe mode. I tried shift and f8.

What do I do?

:)

BrianAaron1, Mar 21, 2020

2. Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Mar 22, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update

1. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop after update - Similar Threads - Cant enter safe

2. Why my i cant enter the safe mode on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my i cant enter the safe mode on Windows 10?: I just rebooted my computer and i cant seem to get in my windows account. I tried going to safe mode to solve this problem but no luck i have all these options to press f1-f9 but it doesnt let me go to f4 or f5 the safe mode window disappears right when i press any of the f...
  3. Why my i cant enter the safe mode on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my i cant enter the safe mode on Windows 10?: I just rebooted my computer and i cant seem to get in my windows account. I tried going to safe mode to solve this problem but no luck i have all these options to press f1-f9 but it doesnt let me go to f4 or f5 the safe mode window disappears right when i press any of the f...
  4. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop: When I turn on my pc it will say ”preparing automatic repair“ then ‘diagnosing your pc" then "repairing disk errors. this might take over an hour to complete" then about 2 sec later there will be a blue screen saying "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll...
  5. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop: When I turn on my pc it will say ”preparing automatic repair“ then ‘diagnosing your pc" then "repairing disk errors. this might take over an hour to complete" then about 2 sec later there will be a blue screen saying "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll...
  6. Cant enter safe mode Windows 10 restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode: So recently I bought a macbook of a friend to just try apple. He wiped everything including some vital system files, wich makes it unavailable to boot properly. That's why I installed windows on it, everything went well and windows was downloaded. (Never got on the home...
  8. Can't update, cant enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update, cant enter safe mode: [IMG]Soo I recently got a new nvme ssd. I decided to install a fresh copy of windows on it instead of transferring all of my data to the new drive. when i inserted my boot media i ran the installer and selected my nvme drive to install windows on. I had my other 2 drives in...
  9. After update win 10 it keeps restart loop and cannot enter safe mode

After update win 10 it keeps restart loop and cannot enter safe mode: Today, after I update win 10 it keep restart until now. I try to enter safe mode but fail. Please tell me[IMG][IMG]how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-win-10-it-keeps-restart-loop-and/2cbdde70-eb4b-4713-a23f-b88bbb53257f
  10. Blue Screen of Death Restart Loop: Cant enter Safe Mode or Sign In

Blue Screen of Death Restart Loop: Cant enter Safe Mode or Sign In: I just updated windows 10 today, and noticed that Dolby audio wasn’t working, and I was unable to reinstall it. I tried updating my drivers, and nothing worked. Shortly after, my computer restarted and put me on a BSOD, saying it would automatically restart. Now it loops...