Windows 10: cant enter sleep mode in windows 10

Discus and support cant enter sleep mode in windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; as the title says, after clicking the sleep button it's going to sleep but waking up with no reason I tried everything to fix it, I run the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TomerGamerTV, Jan 17, 2021.

1. cant enter sleep mode in windows 10

as the title says, after clicking the sleep button it's going to sleep but waking up with no reason

I tried everything to fix it, I run the power troubleshooter and it said that it fixed something but still not working

I even tried the thing with the internet device but still not working

I have the latest windows update 20H2

can someone help me?

:)

TomerGamerTV, Jan 17, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 17, 2021
  3. monetia Win User
    Windows 8.1 does not enter Sleep mode

Since a few weeks my computer incorrectly enters Sleep mode from Start->Power menu.

A few weeks ago, in Sleep mode:
    1. The power led was blinking
    2. Monitor went black
    3. After moving mouse monitor turned on and I needed to enter Windows password

Now in Sleep mode:

1. The power led is on all the time
    2. Monitor goes black
    3. After moving mouse I am back in Windows, not prompted for password

This is a fragment from my motherboard manual:

PLED (System Power LED):
    Connect to the power status indicator on the chassis front panel. The LED is on when the system is operating. The LED keeps blinking when the system is in S3 sleep state. The LED is off when the system is in S4 sleep state or powered off (S5).

This means that after pressing Sleep, Windows is not entering S3 sleep state (as it used before), because the led is not blinking.

This problem is not influenced by choosing (in Advanced Power Options) to allow
    hybrid mode on or off nor by choosing to allow wake timers on or off. I tested all combinations and it's still not entering Sleep.

If after two hours of doing nothing on the computer I choose the Sleep mode and then after a minute move the mouse, then in the Event Viewer, in the summary of administrative events there is only one event in the "Last hour" column:
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power with eventID 59 and it says that computer entered away mode.

In my Bios there are some settings which may influence the power behavior. They didn't change since long time and I think they are ok:

cant enter sleep mode in windows 10 86657d5d-07d5-44ae-b6d3-563bfa772527?upload=true.jpg

Is there any way to help figure out why the computer doesn't enter S3 mode anymore? And how to fix it?

monetia, Jan 17, 2021
  4. cant enter sleep mode in windows 10

PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

I have a PC running Windows 10 that refuses to enter sleep mode. When I choose the manual "sleep" option, the computer teases me and acts like it's going to sleep (the fan stops humming for a split second), but then it wakes up immediately and prompts
    me to login to Windows again. And the computer never enters sleep mode on its own, no matter how long I leave it idle or what sleep settings I try. I've tried every suggestion I can find online without success. Please help so I can rid myself of this constant
    humming - it's torture for a family quarantined in their house all day.

ClarkBarlow, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

cant enter sleep mode in windows 10

1. cant enter sleep mode in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cant enter sleep

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck entering sleep mode: Hi,I have problems with my laptop entering sleep mode. I have thought the problem is to wake up the computer and I have checked many solutions in this topic but they did not work. It is becoming really annoying because everytime it happens I have to press power button to turn...
  5. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck entering sleep mode: Hi,I have problems with my laptop entering sleep mode. I have thought the problem is to wake up the computer and I have checked many solutions in this topic but they did not work. It is becoming really annoying because everytime it happens I have to press power button to turn...
  6. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  8. windows 10 will not enter sleep mode

windows 10 will not enter sleep mode: I have tried all usual fixes but none work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-enter-sleep-mode/b811783d-fc56-43da-af27-5232cfaf4a3a
  9. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: Hello, A week ago I (finally) updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Soon I realized my laptop kept running when I closed the screen. Yesterday I tried the shortcut to get it in sleep mode and saw the blue crash screen pop-up when it enters sleep mode. It gives...
  10. Cannot enter sleep mode

Cannot enter sleep mode: Windows 10 is simply not able to enter sleep mode. Whenever I try, the monitor shuts off, but the computer power does not. When I move the mouse, the log-in screen appears (as it would when your computer comes out of sleep). I looked at Windows Event Viewer, and this is...