Windows 10: Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

Discus and support Can't escape Windows 10 S mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please read whole post before responding. Normal escape from S mode instructions are not working. I found myself in S mode very suddenly while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryClements1, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

Please read whole post before responding. Normal escape from S mode instructions are not working.

I found myself in S mode very suddenly while working on my laptop. Very bizarre. So I rebooted multiple times and still in S mode. When through the activation window process but in that window, There is no "Switch to Windows Home 10" or anything helpful. Where that prompt should be, there is only "upgrade to Windows 10 Pro". Is this some kind of MS ransomeware because it is really f-ing pissing me off. Why the hell do they make it so difficult to get out of S mode? Why the hell am I there in the first place?

:)

BarryClements1, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Trouble with Farmville Country Escape app

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with playing the game Farmville 2 Country Escape as it crashes, we will help you with this issue.

This behavior can be caused due to conflict between build-in and purchased app or any other third party software. Hence, I would suggest you to try the methods below and check.

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop and select
          Troubleshooting.
        • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
        • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator
        • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, try to uninstall the game and re-install it from the
    Windows Store and check.

Uninstall the game:

• Type Programs in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Farmville 2 Country Escape and click on
      Uninstall
    • Later try to install it from the Windows Store.

Also refer to: For Help with Gaming Issues

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

1. Can't escape Windows 10 S mode - Similar Threads - Can't escape mode

2. Can't remove Windows S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove Windows S mode: I have a new laptop a family member sent me from the USA, it came with Windows 10 Home in S mode and I have found no way to remove it... :( The Microsoft Store fails each time I attempt to use it... The main problem is that to open the store to disable S mode, it always...
  3. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations: Howdy,I have an HP Notebook 15 running Windows 10 Home in S Mode. I am aware that I can take it out of S Mode, but that, if I do, I can't go back to S Mode. I have read about the advantages of S Mode and am trying to keep it that way. Unfortunately, while there is supposedly...
  4. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations: Howdy,I have an HP Notebook 15 running Windows 10 Home in S Mode. I am aware that I can take it out of S Mode, but that, if I do, I can't go back to S Mode. I have read about the advantages of S Mode and am trying to keep it that way. Unfortunately, while there is supposedly...
  5. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!: Needing Assistance escaping S Mode Hell! I bought a NEW Lenovo laptop from a retail store at Xmas. It should have come with Windows 10 Pre-installed but it is still asking to be activated. When I attempt to activate it in the settings section, I just keep getting different...
  7. Can't Exit S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Exit S Mode: Hi, My Laptop seems to now be stuck in S mode. I've had the laptop for around 10 months and I left it on for an update overnight about 2 days ago and when I turned it on the day after I was unable to exit S mode. I do not have a license key and therefore had no license...
  8. Windows 10 S Mode - Don't want it, can't escape it

Windows 10 S Mode - Don't want it, can't escape it: Hi there, my fathers PC has somehow ended up in S-mode probably where I told my dad to accept any windows updates... It has caused all his apps to fall over including Office, F-Secure and Google Chrome to name a few! I have followed the guideline instructions for...
  9. Can't escape from Safe mode - password issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't escape from Safe mode - password issues: I've been having a lot of troubles with my AMD driver recently, i tried to use an AMD cleanup tool to uninstall all AMD software but to do so it needed to use safe mode. I didn't think twice about it, however once the system re-booted i'm being asked to sign into my account...
  10. Windows 10 S Mode - no admin privileges and can't switch off S Mode

Windows 10 S Mode - no admin privileges and can't switch off S Mode: I have a Microsoft Surface Go with Windows 10 in S Mode. I've been trying to switch out of S Mode and can't: in the Windows store it says I need to ask my IT Admin. All of the solutions for this problem involve elevated privileges elevated Command prompt, enabling hidden...