Windows 10: Can't even format my pc

Discus and support Can't even format my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer (it was kingston). Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ankaraege, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Can't even format my pc

Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer (it was kingston). Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my licenced kaspersky found it and removed it. But just before the removal, it wanted to restart computer so i did. Everything was normal until i couldnt open my game because of insufficient someting (memory etc dont remember). After i tought about the virus that has been deleted as kaspersky stated, i wanted to make a new fresh start. I would format my pc. 1. I tried in built windows formatter. It did not work, gave me "we can't format your computer "error. 2. I tried to repair startup, cannot repair. 3.Tried 2 different bootable usbs, made with windows's own tool via different pc. Can't even boot bc my sand disk brand usb became kingston in name (the first usb that had trojans) on boot manager. 4. Then tried to open bootable windows usb after the windows started just like you run your normal usb as it should start even if double click on it. It gave no errors but eternal loop after you select format this computer. 5 seconds after you select that, it asked me again if i want to reset my computer. Eternal loop. So after all i cant even format my pc. My last resort will be taking out my c harddisk. Then will try to format d disk and install fresh windows inside. Note: By the way, i cant even access my pc> manage apperantly mmc exe is not allowing me to access for my well-being. If it is a virus, i'm surrendering. If you have any idea to salvage my hdd before i destroy it, your welcome and i appreciate any help you can provide.

submitted by /u/ankaraege
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ankaraege, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Feb 18, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Can't even format my pc

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't even format my pc

1. Can't even format my pc - Similar Threads - Can't format

2. I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD: Hi there. I get error 0x80073CF9 each time I try to install certain apps from the Microsoft Store. It only happens with certain apps around 10 apps in total; I tried my best to remove them completely with dubious success. This error started showing up after I formatted a hard...
  3. I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD: Hi there. I get error 0x80073CF9 each time I try to install certain apps from the Microsoft Store. It only happens with certain apps around 10 apps in total; I tried my best to remove them completely with dubious success. This error started showing up after I formatted a hard...
  4. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  5. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  6. Why can't I format an SD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I format an SD card?: I am helping someone with an issue. They need an SD card to be reformatted, so I looked it up to find out how to do so. I have windows software not sure if this matters. When I plugged the card reader and SD car into the computer, it showed up in the folders like it should...
  7. Why can't I format an SD card?

Why can't I format an SD card?: I am helping someone with an issue. They need an SD card to be reformatted, so I looked it up to find out how to do so. I have windows software not sure if this matters. When I plugged the card reader and SD car into the computer, it showed up in the folders like it should...
  8. Why can't I format an SD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't put Windows 11 to the computer which had Win 11 before formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't put Windows 11 to the computer which had Win 11 before formatting: I was using Windows 11 in my computer. As a malware was caught, I had to format it and I did it through the shop I bought the computer. When they tried to install windows 11, they told that the iso file of win 11 can't be run. They tried my version which is 21h2, but it also...
  10. Can't put Windows 11 to the computer which had Win 11 before formatting

Can't put Windows 11 to the computer which had Win 11 before formatting: I was using Windows 11 in my computer. As a malware was caught, I had to format it and I did it through the shop I bought the computer. When they tried to install windows 11, they told that the iso file of win 11 can't be run. They tried my version which is 21h2, but it also...