Windows 10: Can't exclude file from windows defender

Discus and support Can't exclude file from windows defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is literally no option to exclude a folder. My pc is not activated btw. submitted by /u/Thicccccboio [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thicccccboio, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Can't exclude file from windows defender

There is literally no option to exclude a folder. My pc is not activated btw.

submitted by /u/Thicccccboio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thicccccboio, Feb 23, 2020
  2. kokakola Win User

Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Hi all,

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
    But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

Can't exclude file from windows defender [​IMG]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

Can't exclude file from windows defender [​IMG]

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

kokakola, Feb 23, 2020
  3. GillBatez Win User
    Excluded File Types

I want to exclude .jpg files from custom scans since AFAIK they do not carry malware. It would seem like a simple task, but what is the format of this exclusion list? In the past one usually made a list like: .jpg,.bmp,.gif etc... is it the same for Windows
    Defender in Windows 10? Nowhere can I find that simple bit of information. Go to Defender help and it dumps you here to sift through thousands and thousands of posts. What a system.

Can anyone give me the format of the excluded file type list? It seems Defender doesn't care what you put there. You could type in the lord's prayer for all it cares.

GillBatez, Feb 23, 2020
  4. WENZU5 Win User

Can't exclude file from windows defender

Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

Hi,

Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender.

Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window.

I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender.

Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for any help.

WENZU5, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't exclude file from windows defender

1. Can't exclude file from windows defender - Similar Threads - Can't exclude file

2. How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?: Remove button is greyed out and already checked Registry Editor and it's empty. I cannot upload screenshot as well on this forum, I don't know why... : Thank you!...
  3. How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?: Remove button is greyed out and already checked Registry Editor and it's empty. I cannot upload screenshot as well on this forum, I don't know why... : Thank you!...
  4. Files excluded from sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  5. Files excluded from sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  6. Exclude Windows Defender from Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exclude Windows Defender from Antivirus: Hello,Could someone kindly explain how to exclude Windows Defender from being scanned from a 3rd party Antivirus. I will need the folder paths for the processes to prevent the defender processes from being scanned.Thanks...
  7. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  8. windows defender not allowing to exclude anything

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything: The windows defender does not add or show the list of exclusions, I have tried many times, but it did not work even after disabling real time protection. [ATTACH]...
  9. W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...: Today Defender gave me a false positive of a Trojan virus in a app that I know is clean (as admitted by many people on the internet and I used it many times before and nothing happened). After it gave me the false positive, I brought back the file/app from the quarantine and...
  10. Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.: Hi, Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender. Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window. I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender. Is this a bug? OS:...