Windows 10: Can't execute commands inside user default folders

Discus and support Can't execute commands inside user default folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, I wanted to create a folder inside the Documents folder in the command line but I receive "The system can't find the specified file. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VHugoBarnes, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Can't execute commands inside user default folders

/u/VHugoBarnes, Jun 7, 2020

2. How can I switch the default user folder?

Hello,

We appreciate the information that you have provided us. However, we would like to know more about the issue. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you referring to the default folder location within the computer?
    • Is it specifically in the user profile or as a whole?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this page on
    how to change the default location of a folder
    . This pertains to the
    My Documents
    folder but it can work with other default user folder as well.

Do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Network Sharing of a Folder Inside User Folder

Hi, I have three computers that I share with inside my network (as shown when opening file explorer). It works fine but every time I try to share a folder that's inside the user folder the other people on the network don't just see that folder they have
    complete access to every file inside the user folder. Anyone have a suggestion that allows people to only see that particular folder inside the user folder?

For instance C:\Users\Rich\Pictures is the folder I want to share on the network but when I share the others see the whole C:\Users not just the pictures folder.

Thanks!

Rich Rockwood, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Can't execute commands inside user default folders

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't execute commands inside user default folders

1. Can't execute commands inside user default folders - Similar Threads - Can't execute commands

2. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  3. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  4. Default User folders in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default User folders in Win 11: HiI change default user folders like "Documents, Music, ..." to another drive like D:\ like below image:and from advanced storage settings also change to drive D:\But problem is when changing from "Where new contents is saved", Windows on drive D:\ creates a folder named to...
  5. Execution Command Save

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  6. Execution Command Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Execution Command Save: after execution Window Store missing command how will I save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/execution-command-save/f4fb6838-4af5-4c67-8821-ec6d6b8859de
  7. Execution Command Save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to rename the folder inside the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to rename the folder inside the user folder?: Guys, I bought a laptop recently, and the guy who set it up named it ASUS. I am logged in with my Microsoft id, I changed the pc name in settings, then too in CMD and vs code terminal, it shows "C:\Users\Asus>" This is driving me CRAZY !!! Can't I name my Laptop Donut? pls...
  9. Can't Access User Profile Folders From Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access User Profile Folders From Command Line: I cannot see the user profile folders within X:\Users (aka C:\Users) when booted into the command line. I have tried the various flags like /a, which I have used to successfully navigate to and view other hidden files. My intention is to relocate the roaming folder and to...
  10. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862