Windows 10: Can't execute setups anymore

Discus and support Can't execute setups anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Can't execute setups anymore

Hello everyone,

a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:
    ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477

Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:
    C:\Users\***\Desktop\***.exe filesystem-error (-1073741819)."

I found out that executing setups works, when using another local useraccount I created. But i would like to keep my old account, because of all my preferences, settings and programs.
    At least it's sure, that this issue results from some user-specific settings.

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

:)

CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015

2. Can't execute SQL Server 2014 setup

Hello,

I need to install SQL Server 2014 business intelligence with SP1 for educational purposes. I have uninstalled the previously installed instance of SQL Server to install a new and clean BI version. To uninstall the previous version I used IObit uninstaller
    which also deletes all remaining folders and registers.

When I try to boot the setup.exe of the BI version I get an empty error box. I get the same when trying to install other versions of SQL server.

Can't execute setups anymore [​IMG]

Please help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Wessel

WesselVerheijen, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't execute setups anymore

1. Can't execute setups anymore - Similar Threads - Can't execute setups

2. Can't disable Windows Defender anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender anymore: I'm on a fresh 1903 install with all updates and everything. I'm using the gpedit.msc method to disable Windows Defender via a group policy. To achieve that I enabled Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows components > Windows Defender > Turn Off Windows...
  3. Can't share between computers anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't share between computers anymore: For quite some time now, I've been using a simple sharing setup to share a folder from each of my laptops to the others. On each laptop, I turned on network discovery, turned off password protected sharing, and shared the folder I wanted (C:\Network Folder) with "everyone"...
  4. how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?: How do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? -- It seems to execute periodically during the day. -- This seems to cause cursor movement to hesitate and be jerky ....
  5. Can't access bios anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios anymore: I was messing around trying to fix my dual booted windows 7 and now I can't access bios anymore. My pc is Asus with intel h110 chipset. I press f2 when restarting my pc and the bios password screen pops up I enter the password then continue pressing f2 but it just boots my...
  6. Can't run games anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run games anymore: Hello, So I've had this issue lately that I'm not able to launch some games, or when I launch them, it will take forever to get them opened, if they don't crash before it opens, or freeze. I can launch some games like Battlefield V from the Origin Store, Dead Cells from...
  7. Can't setup windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup windows hello: My laptop has a fingerprint scanner and i was using it to sign in my local account. I accidentally removed my fingerprint and now when i press on set up a small grey window of windows hello pops up for for few seconds and closes on its own. I know my hardware is working...
  8. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718
  9. Can't see Win8.1 machine anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Win8.1 machine anymore: I've converted three different machines to Win10, and before the conversion, all three could see a Win8.1 tower PC that I used a data storage machine. Now, after the conversion, only two of the machines can network to the tower PC. The HP laptop, which I converted most...
  10. Setup not executing with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.