Windows 10: Can't execute setups anymore

Discus and support Can't execute setups anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Can't execute setups anymore

Hello everyone,

a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:
    ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477

Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:
    C:\Users\***\Desktop\***.exe filesystem-error (-1073741819)."

I found out that executing setups works, when using another local useraccount I created. But i would like to keep my old account, because of all my preferences, settings and programs.
    At least it's sure, that this issue results from some user-specific settings.

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

:)

CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015

2. Can't execute SQL Server 2014 setup

Hello,

I need to install SQL Server 2014 business intelligence with SP1 for educational purposes. I have uninstalled the previously installed instance of SQL Server to install a new and clean BI version. To uninstall the previous version I used IObit uninstaller
    which also deletes all remaining folders and registers.

When I try to boot the setup.exe of the BI version I get an empty error box. I get the same when trying to install other versions of SQL server.

Can't execute setups anymore [​IMG]

Please help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Wessel

WesselVerheijen, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't execute setups anymore

1. Can't execute setups anymore - Similar Threads - Can't execute setups

2. My Desktop Can't Show Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop Can't Show Anymore: This just suddenly happened and I don't know how to fix it. This arrow appeared randomly and when I click it goes to my windows area which is changed now too. I don't know the problem at all and I am getting worried. I cannot take a picture of the windows "window"...
  3. Can't setup windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup windows hello: My laptop has a fingerprint scanner and i was using it to sign in my local account. I accidentally removed my fingerprint and now when i press on set up a small grey window of windows hello pops up for for few seconds and closes on its own. I know my hardware is working...
  4. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718
  5. Can't change "Default apps" anymore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change "Default apps" anymore!: Since a time ago I can't change the default apps from Start > Settings > System > Default apps [img] Is there a fix for this bug? 46507
  6. I can't access my homegroup anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my homegroup anymore: When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The system doesn't provide a way to retrieve my user name and password. How can I do this? Thanks. 33066
  7. Can't get dual screens setup.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get dual screens setup.: Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup. I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I can only have the same thing on both. No point in having two screens. Settings allows me to set same on both or only on 1...
  8. Can't see Win8.1 machine anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Win8.1 machine anymore: I've converted three different machines to Win10, and before the conversion, all three could see a Win8.1 tower PC that I used a data storage machine. Now, after the conversion, only two of the machines can network to the tower PC. The HP laptop, which I converted most...
  9. Setup not executing with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.
  10. Can't play DVD's anymore suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't play DVD's anymore suggestions?: Hi guys can you please recommend an App that will play my DVD files especially the .VOB I have had a look at VLC and Media player in the apps store but I don't like either of them and they was so cluttered to use with both of them and did not play the DVD either TIA...