Can't execute setups anymore

Discus and support Can't execute setups anymore in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. CharlieBaker Win User

Hello everyone,

a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:
    ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477

Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:
    C:\Users\***\Desktop\***.exe filesystem-error (-1073741819)."

I found out that executing setups works, when using another local useraccount I created. But i would like to keep my old account, because of all my preferences, settings and programs.
    At least it's sure, that this issue results from some user-specific settings.

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

:)

CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015
  2. WesselVerheijen Win User

Can't execute SQL Server 2014 setup

Hello,

I need to install SQL Server 2014 business intelligence with SP1 for educational purposes. I have uninstalled the previously installed instance of SQL Server to install a new and clean BI version. To uninstall the previous version I used IObit uninstaller
    which also deletes all remaining folders and registers.

When I try to boot the setup.exe of the BI version I get an empty error box. I get the same when trying to install other versions of SQL server.

[​IMG]

Please help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Wessel

WesselVerheijen, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't execute setups anymore

Can't execute setups anymore - Similar Threads - Can't execute setups

1. Some settings are hidden or managed by your..., can't get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Support
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your..., can't get rid of it...: Whatever I do, I just can't get rid of that infuriating red sentence (Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization) that is above my privacy settings in Windows 10. I tried every trick in the book and well... it won't leave the options page... Help me out because...
  2. Had to install 10 pro on pc upgraded to home from 7. Can't activate.

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to install 10 pro on pc upgraded to home from 7. Can't activate.: Hi, I'll try to make a long story short. A friend upgraded his HP desktop from Windows 7 to 10 during the free upgrade period. When it went bonkers he gave it to me and bought a new computer. The one he gave me went down hard and the only way I could make it work was to make...
  3. Can't get my tablet stylus to work as a mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get my tablet stylus to work as a mouse: Hello, I have a wacom tablet that worked perfectly but after I reseted windows I can't get it to work as a mouse. When I "click and slide" a webpage scrolls, when I "click and wait" it's a right click etc... What I did: - installed wacom drivers - unchecked "use windows...
  4. This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move

in Windows 10 Support
    This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move: Hi, I'm trying to run a bat file on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". The first time I get the error. The second time I run it it works. Runs from a shortcut from C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe set as run as administrator. The bat file runs until...
  5. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  6. once again can't see computers on network

in Windows 10 Support
    once again can't see computers on network: this seems to happen over and over with new versions of windows I am running windows version: Win32NT 10.0.17134.0 Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 I have shared documents folder with defaults and I have created a special user with r/w access to documents I have turned on...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode: Hi, yesterday I was using my PC when all of a sudden it froze and I foolishly turned off the electricity. Once I turned it on, the blue screen and "error 0xc000021a" appeared. I tried everything, even (in prompt command) Dism, sfc/ scannow, chk disk /f /r,...
Can't execute setups anymore solved