Windows 10: Can't execute setups anymore

Discus and support Can't execute setups anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Can't execute setups anymore

Hello everyone,

a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:
    ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477

Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:
    C:\Users\***\Desktop\***.exe filesystem-error (-1073741819)."

I found out that executing setups works, when using another local useraccount I created. But i would like to keep my old account, because of all my preferences, settings and programs.
    At least it's sure, that this issue results from some user-specific settings.

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

:)

CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015

2. Can't execute SQL Server 2014 setup

Hello,

I need to install SQL Server 2014 business intelligence with SP1 for educational purposes. I have uninstalled the previously installed instance of SQL Server to install a new and clean BI version. To uninstall the previous version I used IObit uninstaller
    which also deletes all remaining folders and registers.

When I try to boot the setup.exe of the BI version I get an empty error box. I get the same when trying to install other versions of SQL server.

Can't execute setups anymore [​IMG]

Please help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Wessel

WesselVerheijen, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't execute setups anymore

1. Can't execute setups anymore - Similar Threads - Can't execute setups

2. Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore: The fingerprint works fine since I bought my laptopjune 2022, only one finger registered, but last week i cannot open the laptop with my fingerprint anymore it says " Your fingerprint couldn't be recognized......" so i opened it with pin, then I try to remove my fingerprint...
  3. Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore: The fingerprint works fine since I bought my laptopjune 2022, only one finger registered, but last week i cannot open the laptop with my fingerprint anymore it says " Your fingerprint couldn't be recognized......" so i opened it with pin, then I try to remove my fingerprint...
  4. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  5. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  6. Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.: Many recent EXE application set up files will not run. This presumably started a few days ago, but I then thought it was confined to just one setup EXE (Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe). This morning I discovered it's many (but NOT all) of them. The inactive ones seem to be...
  7. Can't execute .jar file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't execute .jar file: So right now im trying to open a jar file but ive had no success. Ive seen videos for help but noticed that most computers say "executable jar file" instead of my "jar file". Can someone help with how to change it to executable?...
  8. Error while executing Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error while executing Windows 10 setup: A Windows employee helped me with starting the Windows 10 setup after I had update errors. Now the procedure stops with error 0xc1900201. What can be the problem?...
  9. Can't connect to WiFi anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to WiFi anymore: I used to be able to switch between different internet connections. Now I'm only given the option to connect to the ethernet only. I have tried everything to fix this issue....
  10. Setup not executing with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.