Can't execute setups anymore

Discus and support Can't execute setups anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. CharlieBaker Win User

Hello everyone,

a few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I get the following Errors everytime I try to execute a setup:
    ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 3221225477

Executing it with administrator-rights leads to a different Errormessage:
    C:\Users\***\Desktop\***.exe filesystem-error (-1073741819)."

I found out that executing setups works, when using another local useraccount I created. But i would like to keep my old account, because of all my preferences, settings and programs.
    At least it's sure, that this issue results from some user-specific settings.

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

:)

CharlieBaker, Aug 8, 2015
  2. WesselVerheijen Win User

Can't execute SQL Server 2014 setup

Hello,

I need to install SQL Server 2014 business intelligence with SP1 for educational purposes. I have uninstalled the previously installed instance of SQL Server to install a new and clean BI version. To uninstall the previous version I used IObit uninstaller
    which also deletes all remaining folders and registers.

When I try to boot the setup.exe of the BI version I get an empty error box. I get the same when trying to install other versions of SQL server.

Can't execute setups anymore [​IMG]

Please help me solve this problem.

Kind regards, Wessel

WesselVerheijen, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't execute setups anymore - Similar Threads - Can't execute setups

2. Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup: When I use a dual screen setup, Fit does the same thing as Fill in the background settings. The preview changes in the "background settings" panel, but the actual desktop does not. It only works properly when I have one display active. Is there a fix for this? GFX Card:...
  3. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...
  4. Can't click and drag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click and drag: I purchased my Dell laptop in October 2017. I can no longer click and drag or click and scroll. I don't know how to fix this. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-click-and-drag/3ac385fe-eee5-4981-9f27-672faa566f96
  5. Can't see full text in date and time option...

Can't see full text in date and time option...: [IMG]Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cant-see-full-text-in-date-and-time-option/9a84f97e-6aff-4da5-b7e7-fd09fb5a4713
  6. I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...

I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...: Hello, I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find C:\Users\Raghu\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\htguftbr\jcwufsbj.exe' whenever I connect the charger and it keeps popping up afterward....
  7. Can't Log In

Can't Log In: Good day I can't log into my local user account. I know my password and it accepts it but as soon as it is busy logging in and saying "preparing your windows" I get rerouted and logged in as a guest. It then brings up a message saying I need to log out first. I can log out...
  8. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...
  9. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  10. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...