Windows 10: Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

Discus and support Can't exit drive properties after a decompression in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to decompress a family member's drive, and when i noticed the decompression window was gone, i could not exit drive properties by pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HaajPaaj, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

I was trying to decompress a family member's drive, and when i noticed the decompression window was gone, i could not exit drive properties by pressing ok. This is not the biggest problem, as i am not even sure that everything on that drive had been decompressed, as when i search for google chrome, it still has two arrows indicating compression.

submitted by /u/HaajPaaj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HaajPaaj, Jun 13, 2020
  2. winkawak Win User

Need help with decompressing c drive

steps to decompress c drive using command prompt
    -run cmd as admin
    -type cd\
    -type compact /s /u /i

incase anyone wondering
    -s for all sub directories
    -u for uncompress
    -i for ignoring errors and files that denies access to proceed anyway

Always backup incase sh!t hits the fan

winkawak, Jun 13, 2020
  3. winkawak Win User
    Need help with decompressing c drive

I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same thing.

How can i fix this? is there also a way of doing it with command prompt? I can go into c drive and right click property and manually decompress them but i dont think this method is efficient or gets all the folders including hidden ones.

winkawak, Jun 13, 2020
  4. softmate Win User

Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

decompress of c: drive fails time after time (decomprimeren van c: drive lukt niet)

In order to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, it was necessary to compress the c: drive, which is a SSD. After a succesful upgrade, I want to decompress the c: drive. The current compressed situation is that 10,1 Gb is in use of the available 28,4 Gb.

First step was to uncheck the checkbox in the properties dialog "compress this drive to save diskspace" of the c: drive. This action was completed succesfully but the checkbox remains checked.

Also using the command prompt in save mode, using the command: "compact /u /i /s *.*" works fine but the ultimate effect was that the checkbox remains checked.

But it was remarkable that there were so many errors with: Access denied.

So, the ultimate question is: how to uncompress/decompress my SSD?

softmate, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

1. Can't exit drive properties after a decompression - Similar Threads - Can't exit drive

2. Can't exit Aptio Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't exit Aptio Setup: Hi there.I randomly got sent to this "Aptio Setup - American Megatrends International, LLC" screen, and whatever I looked up, none of it helps. The options that I have are Main, Advanced, Chipset, Security, Boot, and Save and Exit. I've tried everything and nothing...
  3. Failed to decompress the archive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to decompress the archive: I am trying to install a Epson ET2710 printer , my printer shows it is connected to the Internet but my PC with Windows 10 keeps giving me the error message Failed to decompress the archive. I have loaded Winzip and ran it through the administrator but still the same message...
  4. How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro: Hi, I have compressed my C: drive on windows 10 pro without knowing it is not a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to decompress my C: drive because it is causing problems?...
  5. Can't exit safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't exit safe mode: Hi, I entered into safe mode thru win + r, and pressing msconfig there i enabled safe mode, now its booting in safe mode and asking for password, but my pc has a 7 digit pin, which is not working, i even tried my Microsoft account password, it wont work either, i tried the...
  6. weird drive properties

in Windows 10 Support
    weird drive properties: There is a compress option missing on one of my USB drives. None of my drives is compressed. I just can't explain why the option is missing. windows 10 1909 [img] 160320
  7. Unable to decompress the drive and to stop compressing new stuff

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to decompress the drive and to stop compressing new stuff: Hello, I have accidentally checked the box for drive compression in the disk cleanup tool. I tried to go on drive, properties and uncheck the compression box, but many files are still compressed because they were opened during the process (system files) and when I install...
  8. Need help with decompressing c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with decompressing c drive: I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same...
  9. failed to decompress the archives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to decompress the archives: I try to install epson xp257 and only get failed to decompress the archives. According to epson, they have no problem with the file, it is a common problem with windows 10. How do I solve it....
  10. Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3: After exiting Dirt 3, I can't click on anything. Well most things, the odd one works, but mostly it's as though there's a pane of glass on top of all the programs. Restarting explorer.exe (via the task manager) doesn't help, I have to restart Windows. 101087