Windows 10: Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

Discus and support Can’t exit safe mode without admin password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I booted safe mode on my windows 10 laptop, not knowing that I needed the admin password, which I don’t know. I also don’t have an installation disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Not-So Tech Savy, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

I booted safe mode on my windows 10 laptop, not knowing that I needed the admin password, which I don’t know.

I also don’t have an installation disk i can boot from.

Now I can’t login to my laptop without the admin password, is there any way to boot safe mode without using a password or installation disk?

:)

Not-So Tech Savy, Apr 22, 2019
  2. freeboy Win User

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Jeff_2003 Win User

Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

Cannot Exit Safe Mode (Lost Admin Password)

I used the msconfig command to boot up with Safe Mode on Windows 10. I made the mistake of selecting "Safe boot" as the option for loading Safe Mode. I restarted into Safe Mode without incident, but now I can ONLY enter safe mode after each restart.

This would be fine if I had an administrator password. I cannot log into my admin account because I do not know my Microsoft account password. (The pin code does not work.)

I cannot go back into msconfig without an administrator password.

I actually reset my administrator password from my phone, but since Safe Mode does not connect to the Internet my new password is no good to me yet.

It seems all possible fixes (like recovery) require a login to the admin account on my PC, which I cannot complete without the password.

Please offer some advice on how to fix this. Thank you in advance.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jeff_2003, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

1. Can’t exit safe mode without admin password - Similar Threads - Can’t exit safe

2. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker: Hello everyone,I'm desperately in need for help because I think I've tried everything. This morning my laptop -Lenovo Yoga bought less than 1yr ago- got stuck in safe mode probably due to an update it didn't like.The Lenovo service cannot help saying it's related to Microsoft...
  3. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker: Hello everyone,I'm desperately in need for help because I think I've tried everything. This morning my laptop -Lenovo Yoga bought less than 1yr ago- got stuck in safe mode probably due to an update it didn't like.The Lenovo service cannot help saying it's related to Microsoft...
  4. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to exit safe mode, admin password not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to exit safe mode, admin password not working: Hello! I booted my computer into safe mode and am unable to exit safe mode now. The administrator password is not working so I created a recovery using windows media tool to access the command line. I saw a common fix to be : bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot but I...
  6. Trying to exit safe mode without logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to exit safe mode without logging in: Hi, I have placed my laptop Lenovo v-130, running Windows 10 into safe mode with networking to fix a separate issue with launching an application. However I did not realize that doing this would mean i was not able to log in with my pin, and for some reason the password I...
  7. Exiting Safe Mode Without Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Exiting Safe Mode Without Password: Hello, My girlfriend was having issues with her laptop and while trying to fix it, she got stuck in safe mode. Unfortunately she does not know the password, nor does she have an installation disk or drive. We have tried accessing command prompt, restoring the system to an...
  8. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  9. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I've installed a new AMD GPU to replace my Nvidia GPU. It was reccomended to delete the old drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones. I booted up in safe mode, however it asks for my password to log in. I enter my current password (different than the one I setup...
  10. how to exit safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to exit safe mode without password: Hello, I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the PIN that I have always used to login but the safe mode doesn't give the option to go back. I can't go to command prompt...