Windows 10: Can’t explore vhd

Discus and support Can’t explore vhd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before I nuked windows off my asus rog. I create a system image back up. I just picked up the surface pro 7. There are some files in the iso that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swagglepuf, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Can’t explore vhd

Before I nuked windows off my asus rog. I create a system image back up.

I just picked up the surface pro 7. There are some files in the iso that I need to get out. I have gone into disk management and attached the iso to vhd and it shows it’s listed in disk management.

However I can’t explore the image or access anything in it. It doesn’t show up in file explorer either.

I feel like I have either missed a step or that the TMP prevents you from mounting and accessing a different windows system image.

submitted by /u/swagglepuf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swagglepuf, Jan 25, 2020

2. VHD

Yes this is absolutely possible. To remove a VHD please follow the steps below:

How to remove virtual drives in Windows 10

Understand this will remove it and will result in it not being allocated anymore.

DISCLAIMER: Please note this is not a Microsoft website and may contain advertising and/or potentially unwanted programs.

c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, Jan 25, 2020
  3. VHD to virtual PC

does anyone know of an easy way to convert a VHD made using an old backup into a virtual PC

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Can’t explore vhd

VHD to virtual PC

What does it mean? *Confused Can’t explore vhd :confused: VHD is a hard drive of a virtual machine which (by default) can be opened by Microsoft Virtual PC

Drone, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Can’t explore vhd

1. Can’t explore vhd - Similar Threads - Can’t explore vhd

2. Windows 11 VHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 VHD: For Google Cloud you guys may not be a fan, but my Azure credit ran out, and Google offered me some, you need a VHD or a VMDK image file.I see Microsoft support VHD for the Windows Server editions, but I just want your standard old Windows 11, if thats not possible, Windows...
  3. Need help with VHD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with VHD: Hey guys a while back i created a vhd out of d drive to keep games but now i require the 85 gb i put in it back to d drive pls list step by step method thx submitted by /u/LordPhant0m [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulkopw/need_help_with_vhd/
  4. Vhd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vhd: How do I convert back from a vhd after I made it I realized I do not need it and it's taking up a lot of my storage space how do I flip it back into physical storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/21a5eb1e-18bf-4f96-88c4-0d7a95ab3a73
  5. How to delete VHD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to delete VHD: Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them. I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from...
  6. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  7. Changes to the contents of a VHD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changes to the contents of a VHD: Hello, Could you please explain this? Changes to the contents of a VHD (such as infection by a virus, or accidental deletion of critical files) are easily undone. [ATTACH]...
  8. Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...
  9. Attaching a VHD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attaching a VHD: I am running Windows 10, the latest build and created a Windows Image Backup image with Backup and Restore (Windows 7) from the control panel. To see if it works, I opened Disk Management and clicked on Action - Attach VHD and clicked on the VHD file, which is located on an...
  10. VHD issues on reboot

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VHD issues on reboot: Hello I am trying to get the latest update of windows 10. The problem is my tablet does not have enough space. So I made a VHD. I told it to load automatically on reboot using these instructions https://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...tml#post545537 While it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant explore vhd