Windows 10: Can't export folders in windows mail

Discus and support Can't export folders in windows mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is a question re a system running Vista, but I usually get better results here (posted on Vista forum and got no replies). I've exported my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Can't export folders in windows mail

This is a question re a system running Vista, but I usually get better results here (posted on Vista forum and got no replies). I've exported my contacts and my messages and saved them to an external hard drive. My regular folders were imported (inbox, outbox, deleted files, etc.), but I have about 20 folders that I've created for messages, files etc. None of those folders were exported. I did an online search and found some instructions for exporting folders which said that there was an option to export all folders or selected folders. There is no such thing in Windows Mail, or if there is I'm unable to find it. Can someone tell me how I go about saving all my email folders in Windows Mail? Thanks.

:)

Fred22, Sep 24, 2016
  2. mrcomp Win User

Import Contacts to Mail app in Win 10

Exporting Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2013:

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Click Contacts folder, and then click Export.
    • Select Comma separated values (.CSV).
    • In the CSV Export window click Browse and select the Desktop folder.
    • From there you have to go to Hotmail and import the CSV file

mrcomp, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Transfer Windows Mail app stored emails to Outlook

Old title: Transfer Windows Mail to Outlook

I just started using the Windows Mail app to sync one of my email accounts. Does anyone know where this mail is stored? Which folder? I would like to export everything to Outlook, but I don't see any way to do that. I can't find anything in Settings to do
    that.

Technoman2, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Can't export folders in windows mail

Hi:

>Disclaimer: I have not used Vista for many years, and I do not use any MS email client (Windows mail, WLM, Outlook, etc.)

We could probably better assist you if we knew a bit more about what you are trying to accomplish....
    Are you trying to export from Windows mail into another email client?
    Or are you just trying to back up your data (perhaps to an external USB hard drive)?
    Something else?

Perhaps see if this has anything helpful:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196347

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    No. I'm in the process of backing up everything because the desktop is about 10 years old. Yesterday I exported and saved to external hard drive my Firefox folders, Windows Mail contacts, messages etc. As I said, all the "regular" folders were exported, but I have a bunch of folders that I've created for messages I want to keep for one reason or another, bills, banking, etc. How do I export and save "created" folders in Windows Mail is my question. Oh and BTW, Microsoft is no help at all.

Fred22, Sep 24, 2016
  6. Hi:

Thanks for the clarification.
    If I understand you correctly, you are trying to BACKUP your entire dataset from Windows Mail on the Vista box to a USB external hard drive?
    {That is not quite the same thing as "exporting", a term which is usually used in the context of moving data from one email client into a different application. *Smile That's why I asked for clarification.}

It might be less problematic to backup the entire profile, rather than individual folders.

Here are some possible solutions turned up on a routine Google search, including a tutorial at our sister forum:

Windows Mail - Messages
    How do I backup Windows Mail emails on Vista Home Premium - Microsoft Community
    Backup Windows Mail Messages and Contacts in Vista

And here is a 3rd-party application that may do what you want. Disclaimer: I have not tried the program and cannot vouch for its efficacy or safety, although Softpedia "certifies" it as clean:

HTML Code: http://kls-soft.com/klsmailbackup/[/quote] Thanks again,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks...got the tutorial. I'll try it, but I still am not able to find the "all folders" and "selected folders" options.

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't export folders in windows mail

1. Can't export folders in windows mail - Similar Threads - Can't export folders

2. Microsoft Mail export

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail export: How do I export contacts from Microsoft Mail windows 11 to outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-export/3cf8c788-60ac-4d62-a602-71670431843f
  3. Microsoft Mail export

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail export: How do I export contacts from Microsoft Mail windows 11 to outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-export/3cf8c788-60ac-4d62-a602-71670431843f
  4. Export Windows Live Mail Folders and emails to another windows 10 product.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Export Windows Live Mail Folders and emails to another windows 10 product.: I have several hundred emails on windows live mail. What free windows 10 product would be the bestone to export all my folders and emails to? And how to do it.Thanks,C.B....
  5. Export Windows Live Mail Folders and emails to another windows 10 product.

Export Windows Live Mail Folders and emails to another windows 10 product.: I have several hundred emails on windows live mail. What free windows 10 product would be the bestone to export all my folders and emails to? And how to do it.Thanks,C.B....
  6. Exporting Windows Live Mail files to Windows Mail

Exporting Windows Live Mail files to Windows Mail: Can someone provided guidance on exporting or transferring emails and contacts from Windows Live Mail 2011 to a Windows 10 Mail account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-windows-live-mail-files-to-windows-mail/96cc9712-ec92-46c3-b9e2-0904a17484ea
  7. Windows 10 Mail - Export Setup/Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - Export Setup/Settings: Hello, I just bought a new Windows 10 PC and was wondering if there is a handy way to export the setup of my old laptops Windows 10 Mail - it currently has seven email accounts configured, all with unique signatures, contacts, etc. If at all possible, I would like to avoid...
  8. Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app: I have to get e-mails stored localy on a computer exported so that i can innport them to Outlook on new computer. But the user only ever used the windows 10 mail app and pop e-mail. Any addvice? I have tried finding the file location with little luck. Found one path which...
  9. Windows Mail App - How to export autocomplete mail list

Windows Mail App - How to export autocomplete mail list: I have an independent imap email from a domain I am cancelling setup on the windows mail app not outlook; but would like to take all the "autocomplete" list of contacts that populate over to outlook and new g-suite domain email. How can I do this easily..?...
  10. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...