Windows 10: Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to extend my C drive because it is only 28GB big and I already used up too much space. I was trying to download Train Simulator on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DidierMatsvai, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10

I have been trying to extend my C drive because it is only 28GB big and I already used up too much space. I was trying to download Train Simulator on my virtual drive but it kept taking space fron my C Drive and my virtual drive kept detaching by itself and there were error messages showing up. I was downloading Train Simulator and a few DLCs which were like 60GB big all together on uTorrent but the error was showing up "Disk is not mounted" I tried to extend my C drive by shrinking my Virtual Drive but that didn't work, extend volume option is greyed out

As you can see below, I shrunk my virtual drive to add that 239.26GB to my C drive but the problem is that "extend volume" On C is grayed out. I tried the other way of extending the drive in command prompt running administrator but all that showed up is "Virtual Disk Service Error: There is not enough usuable space for this operation" I don't have a DVD drive because my asus laptop doesn't have a disc tray inserter. I really need help because my c drive is only 28gb which is irritating. Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10 6f2f8a21-b53a-4c80-aa6f-792ab99403e5?upload=true.png Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10 ca13104f-d908-4ee8-8e31-14f16471180a?upload=true.png

:)

DidierMatsvai, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Extending disk space in drive c

Hello honey164,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

This step-by-step guide should help you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-extend-c-drive...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Nov 28, 2020
  4. Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10

1. Can't extend C Drive on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't extend Drive

2. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  3. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  4. Can't extend drive C on Windows 11

Can't extend drive C on Windows 11: Hello.I am trying to extend my drive C because my drive C is full because I am using hyper V. I already have the unallocated space but I still not able to extend my drive C. below I attached the screenshot of my disk management....
  5. Can't extend drive C on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend drive C on Windows 11: Hello.I am trying to extend my drive C because my drive C is full because I am using hyper V. I already have the unallocated space but I still not able to extend my drive C. below I attached the screenshot of my disk management....
  6. I can't extend c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't extend c drive.: Why can't I extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-c-drive/d9110455-d133-4909-907f-e12e290f567a
  7. I can't extend c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend c drive.: Why can't I extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-c-drive/d9110455-d133-4909-907f-e12e290f567a
  8. I can't extend c drive.

9. Can't Extend C: Drive Volume

Can't Extend C: Drive Volume: I just replaced my hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and need to expand the storage volume to take advantage of newly available space. The drive is formatted as NTFS and I signed on as Administrator, but the Extend Volume option is grayed out. Q: How can I expand the C: drive...
  10. My C:/ drive Can't be extended

My C:/ drive Can't be extended: So, just now i tried to allocate around 111 GB of my SSd unallocated space to C;/ drive but its extend option is disabled any idea how i can extend my c:/ drive space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kindly extend my system c drive space