Windows 10: Can't extend volume

Discus and support Can't extend volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10. Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Jul 25, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Can't extend volume

Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10.
    Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive letter.
    But it won't work! I right click on "Extend Volume" and Next but there's nothing listed under Available or Selected and Next is greyed out. Its the same whether I start this on D or E.
    Is this what's meant to happen (nothing???) or have I missed something?

:)

James1093, Jul 25, 2020
  2. James1093 Win User

Can't extend volume

Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10.
    Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive letter.
    But it won't work! I right click on "Extend Volume" and Next but there's nothing listed under Available or Selected and Next is greyed out. Its the same whether I start this on D or E.
    Is this what's meant to happen (nothing???) or have I missed something?

James1093, Jul 25, 2020
  3. How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

I want to extend so your answer is really frustrating ans. I want to extend so why should i shrink and select extend? Extend option is already Dim or unavailable?

Amjad Ali (amjad.ali), Jul 25, 2020
  4. Jizzler Win User

Can't extend volume

Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't extend volume

1. Can't extend volume - Similar Threads - Can't extend volume

2. Can't extend volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't extend volume: Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10. Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive letter. But it won't work! I right click on "Extend Volume" and Next but there's nothing listed under Available or Selected and...
  3. I can't extend a volume of my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't extend a volume of my hard drive.: [ATTACH] How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-a-volume-of-my-hard-drive/a26f3277-f56d-4207-8e50-79cae5dc1374
  4. Extend Volume grayed out

Extend Volume grayed out: Can't figure out how to get Extend Partition to work on Windows 10. I tried deleting the extra partition and formatting it as Windows. I am the Administrator when I do this. Can you tell from the attached screenshot what I am missing? [ATTACH]...
  5. Extend Volume C:

Extend Volume C:: My C: partition is full and Will not extend through Disk Management. Windows 10 operation system is located on C: and will not update because the drive is full. I am able to shrink my 1 terabyte D: drive but cannot expand C:. Is it possible to move the Windows 10 operating...
  6. extending the volume of C drive

extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  7. Adding/Extending volume on PC

Adding/Extending volume on PC: The main disk where I have my boot and system partition is running out of space. I have an extra disk not used in my computer. In the past, I was able (during installation) to use two disks with stripped partitions (RAID-0-like), now however, I cannot. What I have done...
  8. "Extend VOlume" is grayed out

"Extend VOlume" is grayed out: How to open "Extend Volume" when it is grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-is-grayed-out/c161d1a0-ec45-406b-a353-78e86ebf5c13"
  9. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...
  10. Extend volume greyed out

Extend volume greyed out: My set up is shown in the attached image [ATTACH] C drive hold the OS M drive data I have recently changed C drive to a bigger disk and restored an image from the old set up. However I could not extend C drive volume to claim 113.63 GB Unallocated volume as “ Extend...