Windows 10: Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

Discus and support Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Running MS Windows 10 Pro. Downloaded and installed WinZip 24 along with the WinZip command line extension the other day. I can extract any type of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ComputerBlues51, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

Running MS Windows 10 Pro. Downloaded and installed WinZip 24 along with the WinZip command line extension the other day.

I can extract any type of file from a WinZip zip file in some folders, but in other folders I can only extract "benign" type files .txt, etc. If I try and extract .exe or .dll files, etc I get the "Acess is denied / Administrator privleges may be required" error. I am launching WinZip through a BAT file, but this also occurs if I manually open the zip file and try to extract the files.

I have already gone to the folder, right-clicked and selected "properties", then selected the Security tab and changed the settings for all users to full control. In the Local Security Policy / Local Policies / Security Options, I have changed the User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin approval mode to "Elevate without prompting".

How can I get the permission to extract any file type where I need to?

:)

ComputerBlues51, Jul 24, 2020

2. Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

Running MS Windows 10 Pro. Downloaded and installed WinZip 24 along with the WinZip command line extension the other day.

I can extract any type of file from a WinZip zip file in some folders, but in other folders I can only extract "benign" type files (.txt, etc). If I try and extract .exe or .dll files, etc I get the "Acess is denied / Administrator privleges may be required"
    error. I am launching WinZip through a BAT file, but this also occurs if I manually open the zip file and try to extract the files.

I have already gone to the folder, right-clicked and selected "properties", then selected the Security tab and changed the settings for all users to full control. In the Local Security Policy / Local Policies / Security Options, I have changed the User Account
    Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin approval mode to "Elevate without prompting".

How can I get the permission to extract any file type where I need to?

ComputerBlues51, Jul 26, 2020
  3. EXTRACTING WINZIP FILES

You have got Winzip installed which has suppressed Extract All of Windows 10.

You need to click Winzip in this menu to see Extract options through Winzip.

Vijay_Verma, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

Hi,

do you have any third-party antivirus or another protection tool? It may prevent file extracting.

Igor Leyko, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue

1. Can't Extract All WinZip Files Due To Administrative Rights Issue - Similar Threads - Can't Extract WinZip

2. When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...: When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first zip to a file named after it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-select-multiple-zip-files-right-click-and/ab02b20c-98b9-4347-81bc-0d41e60da22d
  3. When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...: When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first zip to a file named after it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-select-multiple-zip-files-right-click-and/ab02b20c-98b9-4347-81bc-0d41e60da22d
  4. I can't extract a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extract a file: I recently made a logo on shopify and they sent me a file, when I tried to extract it it shows this message: "before you extract files you must copy files to this compressed folder" how can I solve this?...
  5. WinZip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinZip files: Do I have to spend 30 dollars to open WinZip files?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-files/1486e267-4fd0-4fc7-9b86-184c0c7288eb
  6. WinZip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinZip files: Do I have to spend 30 dollars to open WinZip files?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-files/1486e267-4fd0-4fc7-9b86-184c0c7288eb
  7. Administration rights issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administration rights issue?: I am the administrator for my PC but every time I move a file from one location to another, it keeps saying you need administration permission to move the file, I can but I just want remove that prompt because it keep showing up again and again everytime I move a file...
  8. lost all administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all administrator rights: Hello, I have a new computer and somehow I have lost all administrator rights. The yes button is grayed out and it says to enter administrator information, but I can not. I've tried the following: 1. Adding a new user as an administrator, but it won't allow me to because...
  9. EXTRACTING WINZIP FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXTRACTING WINZIP FILES: I have a htm that I have put into a ZIP file. When I right click on the zip file the option to extract is not there. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-winzip-files/1f0ceebd-891c-47e8-bbe1-3b148ce7ece7"
  10. Administrator rights issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights issue: So, its been like 1 year I have been using this laptop DELL VOSTRO 5468 the issue is it doesn't let me through the administrator page while accepting(it shows a page for accepting fingerprint request but then it accepts, even shows my name but doesn't let me through to...