Windows 10: Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility

Discus and support Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; NOTICE: I had been working to solve a long time problem with my Windows 10 File Explorer Compressed Folder Tool. The option for Windows Explorer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RebeccaWellhausen162, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility

NOTICE:

I had been working to solve a long time problem with my Windows 10 File Explorer Compressed Folder Tool. The option for Windows Explorer to be selected to "Open with" was not available using the older version of Windows.

Today, the problem was solved for me by updating Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1809. It may have been that some part of the OS got corrupted and the new version corrected the problem.

I spent much time searching the internet for help without success before now. I hope this helps!

:)

RebeccaWellhausen162, Feb 13, 2019
  2. ArnBurk Win User

Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 with 7-Zip installed. Now when trying to use built in extract function in file explorer the extract area is "grey out" and disabled. Uninstalled 7-zip, no change. Attempting to reset the Zip file to use explorer.exe using Settings->Apps->Choose
    default apps by file type does not have an option to choose a local file, such as explorer.exe, just a search of the App Store---no thanks!

Anyone know how to fix this, so the Windows 10 builtin unzip function can be used?

Reinstalled 7-zip until this is resolved.

ArnBurk, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility

The in-built ZIP support is buggy and limited and the only reason to use it would be if one is desperate to extract something immediately after installing the OS. 7-zip or WinRAR is generally the first program I install on a fresh Windows system.

RobertJWin, Feb 13, 2019
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility - Similar Threads - Can't Extract zipped

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  4. Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10

Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10: I have three PC's running Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042-685. None of these PC's will extract a downloaded zip file. I get the error message "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed folder is invalid" I can extract this file with no problem using my Windows 7...
  5. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  6. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  7. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Slow Extraction of .zip File

Slow Extraction of .zip File: Why is Windows 10 so slow in extracting a standard .zip file? It takes forever to unpack a simple ,zip file and seems to be much longer than previous versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-extraction-of-zip-file/eb0d110b-b040-4e14-aa12-ad2d53622174"
  9. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 how fix unauthorized access_IOdenied__path

2. trying to extract from zipped file going to onedrive

3. cant extract file in windows

4. windows cant open zipped folder,
  5. 18329 0x8007007F,
  6. windows 10 cant extract files unauthorized