Windows 10: Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment"

Discus and support Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue in Windows' Photo app, where when I try to favourite heart a photo, I get the message "This file is locked by another app at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robxb, Aug 17, 2021.

1. robxb Win User

Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment"

Hi, I'm having an issue in Windows' Photo app, where when I try to favourite heart a photo, I get the message "This file is locked by another app at the moment". I'm able to give them a 5 star rating in the details pane, which then appears as a heart back in the photos app it's just very long to do this as clicking save and waiting a few seconds is required for each photo. It's worth noting that these files reside on a QNAP NAS, where user has read/write privileges. I'm able to favourite photos if I copy them to the desktop. Same thing on both me and my wife's computers. Anyone know why th

:)

robxb, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Dave1776 Win User

Windows lock screen background images

Thanks found the photo I was looking for in the list that app got!

Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment" [​IMG]

Dave1776, Aug 17, 2021
  3. JPG photos locked after favouriting

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise.

I was viewing .JPG images on my computer from a compact flash card using the 'Photo' app. I was favouriting some of them using the heart icon and deleting the others, however, I noticed then when I favourited a photo it would come up with a padlock item
    over the .JPG file.

I have now unfavourited the photos but the padlock icon remains and I cannot now view these files in my camera when I put the flash card back in.

How do I get rid of this lock icon?

I have right-clicked and compared the properties of a padlocked and un-padlocked file and they appear exactly the same.

MillieLawrence1, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment"

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment"

1. Can't favourite images in Photos : "This file is locked by another app at the moment" - Similar Threads - Can't favourite images

2. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  3. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  4. No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite: Hey there, recently I was going through my camera's photos and decided to flag some of it as a favourite by pressing on the heart button. Afterwards I am now having trouble finding my "favourite" photos, no new folder named favourites has been created as well. The photos from...
  5. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  6. Photos and Favourites

Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  7. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Find favourites in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find favourites in Photo app?: Hello! How can I find photos that I've marked as favourites? There's no folder for it in the Photo app. submitted by /u/striped_eyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9m08/find_favourites_in_photo_app/
  9. JPG photos locked after favouriting

JPG photos locked after favouriting: I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise. I was viewing .JPG images on my computer from a compact flash card using the 'Photo' app. I was favouriting some of them using the heart icon and deleting the others, however, I noticed then when I favourited a photo it would come up with a...
  10. Can't add some photos to favourites

Can't add some photos to favourites: I've been trying to organise my photos and have been marking them as favourites in the photos app in windows 10 using the heart icon. But for some photos, it comes up with the error "Something went wrong. This file can't be added to favourites". Perhaps a coincidence, but all...