Windows 10: Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

Discus and support Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an LGXC tv and an RTX 3090 graphics card to play my games. The only issue is with the hdr on Windows. Specifically with HDR games sometimes they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AcanthisittaUnique29, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

I have an LGXC tv and an RTX 3090 graphics card to play my games. The only issue is with the hdr on Windows. Specifically with HDR games sometimes they look better when Windows HD Color/HDR is turned off. I am very confused about whether I’m suppose to be in RGB or 444 color space. I read that Windows HD Color/HDR only works in RGB??? But then I see banding in some of my games so I’d rather be in 444. The blacks looked crushed in a few games specifically in CONTROL so I found a post telling me to change the gamma settings in Windows because it is set too high automatically. This seemed to help a bit. It’s still far from perfect or even better than the consoles I have which is the point of getting a PC. Does anyone know what the right settings are to have HDR looking correct in games on Windows 10 PC with my setup? Again I’m using an LG CX television and an NVIDIA RTX 3090 FTW3 from EVGA. I really just want to make this experience better so any help or incite is beyond appreciated.

submitted by /u/AcanthisittaUnique29
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AcanthisittaUnique29, Feb 17, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Quotes from this
    article
    :

To enjoy HDR video, you need the right content, hardware and software.

To get HDR, go to Settings > System > Display, and turn on “HDR and WCG.”

This
    article
    gives you a list of requirements.

Smittychat., Feb 17, 2021
  4. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : imgur.com

Full screen mode (HDR off) : imgur.com

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10 :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

1. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Can’t figure HDR

2. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error: I’ve tried watching many videos on how to fix this, but at the point where you are moving the new bcd thing I’m not good with computers sorry it says path cannot be found...
  3. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error: I’ve tried watching many videos on how to fix this, but at the point where you are moving the new bcd thing I’m not good with computers sorry it says path cannot be found...
  4. I can’t figure out how to fix the srttrail.txt boot error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hey I can’t figure out what to do? Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey I can’t figure out what to do? Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nukemg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lczdy4/hey_i_cant_figure_out_what_to_do_pls_help/
  6. Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.

Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.: Is there a method or piece of software that could help me do this? HDR is possible on either display when they are extended, but as soon as they are cloned the option disappears. Can't find anything online so hoping there is still a way. submitted by /u/DMTCG [link]...
  7. Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.: So I’m gonna make this as detailed as possible. Or at least try, I’m still so tired from trying to figure this out. Everything that happened with trying to reset resulted in this message- "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" So...
  8. Washed out HDR

Washed out HDR: Hi I'm curious and wonder how many of you have made HDR work properly? I've tried most things I can try and can't get HDR to work, switched PCs, 3 different monitors, different DP cables, formatted PCs and all tests resurfaced the same with washed colors. Windows 10 bad...
  9. Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it

Windows error, can’t figure out how to boot it: I have the error 0xc000014c and have plugged in a usb drive with windows 10 but can’t figure out where to go from here. Help? :( submitted by /u/idrlikethis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eu2e18/windows_error_cant_figure_out_how_to_boot_it/
  10. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10: I have a strange issue with HDR, My setup is: - BenQ EW3270U 31.5" 4K HDR - Nvidia 1080 Ti - Intel i7 8700k - Maximus X hero wifi - 32 GB Ram I can enable "HDR and WCG" from display settings no problem, I can also stream HDR 4k from youtube and play HDR 4k Games,...