Windows 10: Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.

Discus and support Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Disk 1 C drive SSD basic; Disk 0 new SSD basic. Can't figure out how to extend C drive to include new Disk 0. Trying to use disk management to do this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dbmasknow, May 4, 2022.

1. dbmasknow Win User

Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.

Disk 1 C drive SSD basic; Disk 0 new SSD basic. Can't figure out how to extend C drive to include new Disk 0. Trying to use disk management to do this. Disk 1 includes EFI System Partition Windows C Recovery Partition Disk 0 includes Disk 0 D Basic Data Partition I realize that Disk 0 needs to be contiguous to Windows C. No luck figuring this out with Disk Management.

:)

dbmasknow, May 4, 2022

2. Is it a good idea to extend C drive partition (SSD) with space from mechanical drive partition?

Hi,

I just got a new laptop with 256 GB SSD which is my C drive, and other 1 TB partition from mechanical drive. what if I extend size of my C drive taking storage space from the other 1 TB partition? will it degrade performance of C drive?

ASHUTOSH BAROT, May 4, 2022
  3. How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive?

Hello!

So I recently just upgraded my 256G SSD to a 1TB SSD. I did a clone of the old drive, installed the new drive and it booted just fine. However, when I went to "extend" the un-partitioned section of the drive in the disk managment menu it only gave me an
    option to "create a new volume". This option did not give me the choice to allocate this space to the C drive, but only gave me the option of other letters. So now I have a full C drive and a 700gig open E drive. How do I make it so this open space is part
    of C drive, as I am trying to update some games that are installed on C?

Mr Corpsecicle, May 4, 2022
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD. - Similar Threads - Can't figure Extend

2. How to extend ssd c dr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend ssd c dr: I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-ssd-c-dr/65a0f46c-e636-4852-a729-216e08bc7260
  3. How to extend ssd c dr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to extend ssd c dr: I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-ssd-c-dr/65a0f46c-e636-4852-a729-216e08bc7260
  4. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  5. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  6. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.

Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.: Disk 1 C drive SSD basic; Disk 0 new SSD basic. Can't figure out how to extend C drive to include new Disk 0. Trying to use disk management to do this. Disk 1 includes EFI System Partition Windows C Recovery Partition Disk 0 includes Disk 0 D Basic Data Partition I realize...
  8. Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out how to Extend SSD C Drive to include new SSD.: Disk 1 C drive SSD basic; Disk 0 new SSD basic. Can't figure out how to extend C drive to include new Disk 0. Trying to use disk management to do this. Disk 1 includes EFI System Partition Windows C Recovery Partition Disk 0 includes Disk 0 D Basic Data Partition I realize...
  9. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  10. extending C drive into an external SSD

extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....