Windows 10: Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside.

Discus and support Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently picked up a portrait monitor and it's been a nightmare to configure. What I have 1 Acer 1440p 144hz Landscape monitor (Main #1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Whiskey_Rain, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside.

So I recently picked up a portrait monitor and it's been a nightmare to configure.

What I have

1 Acer 1440p 144hz Landscape monitor (Main #1) connected via displayport

2 Dell 1080p 60hz Portrait monitor (Secondary #2) connected via displayport

3 LG TV 4k 60hz (#3) connected via hdmi

All of the above are connected to a 2080 Super

What I'm trying to do

I want to be able to use Win+P to isolate just the #3 display.

When I just had the Acer and the LG I would use Win+P to use "second screen only" if I wanted to throw a game or movie up on the tv and I had no issues.

Now that I have a portrait monitor, I run the Acer and Dell in "extend" mode, always. However, if I use the LG, I am only able to extend across three displays. There is no option to use the "third screen only".

To be clear, I never plan to extend to the 3rd screen (TV). It would only ever be used as an isolated display.

All three displays are working and are detected through Windows 10. I simply can't find a way to isolate just the 3rd screen.

Is this even supported through Win10? Googling the issue just gives me a bunch of results for "3rd monitor not detected" and one reddit thread with no solution.

If it's not supported, Is there any 3rd party software I can use that will allow me to isolate screen 3?

Except for this particular issue, I've been very pleased with how win10 handles multiple monitors and wouldn't like to lose that functionality with a workaround or third party software.

After hours of troubleshooting the best solution I have is to unplug my 2nd (portrait) monitor when I want this functionality. While it is a solution, it's kind of a pain in the ass.

edit: It's also worth noting that while the TV will always be connected through HDMI, the TV won't always be "on" when I am using my desktop.

Any help would be awesome!

submitted by /u/Whiskey_Rain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Whiskey_Rain, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Arnie Est Win User

I can't Project my Screen on pc

Hello Obaro Nduka,

Thank youn for posting Microsoft Community.

We're here to help. Regarding your concern you may follow the steps provided below:

• Use a USB cable to connect to your Windows device.
    • Start the Project My Screen app on your Windows device.
    • On your phone, tap Yes when prompted to allow screen projection.
    Note: You can't use a USB connection to project content that's protected by Digital Right Management (DRM) -- for example Xbox Video. Projecting your screen with a USB connection is video only. You can still manage audio through your phone.

Hope this helps.

Arnie Est, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside.

project my screen settings

I have a Lumia 520 and have problem in projecting my screen wirelessly or by USB cable.

I can't find my PC.

What's the steps I should follow in detail.

Mohammed AmrKhair, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside.

1. Can't figure out how to project to third screen only. Is this even supported? Details inside. - Similar Threads - Can't figure project

2. I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error: I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen saying it was going to restart after collecting some error info and I fallowed the QR code and It didn't help how do I fix it?...
  3. I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen error: I can't figure out how to fix a blue screen saying it was going to restart after collecting some error info and I fallowed the QR code and It didn't help how do I fix it?...
  4. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  5. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  6. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't figure it out . .

I can't figure it out . .: I accidentally unpinned Google, from my taskbar.So I deleted, and reinstalled it.After reinstalling it. I realized.There was something I had to do.I created a folder, named storage.I put everything in that folder, as a backup.But, after putting just a few things in there.It...
  8. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...
  9. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...
  10. Can't figure out how to insert a profile picture?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't figure out how to insert a profile picture?: Hi That's the question. I can get to my profile page and I see a blank profile picture square, but I don't see anyway to upload a picture for it? Mike Never mind I found another profile page with the options. 1582