Windows 10: Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app.

Discus and support Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all! I'm using a local account on my laptop (not my Microsoft ID) and although my Calendar is synced with my Gmail accounts, my local account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 5D1, Sep 10, 2018.

1. 5D1
    5D1 Win User

Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app.

Hello all!

I'm using a local account on my laptop (not my Microsoft ID) and although my Calendar is synced with my Gmail accounts, my local account is the default for the app.

Well, I just tried to create an event in the calendar and it wouldn't let me do it using my local account, although it's still showing up as the default in the toolbar and I can see all the events I've created with it in the past. Instead, my only options are the calendars associated with my two Gmail accounts. Like, when I open a pop-up window to create an event, it's colored as one of my Gmail calendars, which indicates the event will not go on my local calendar, and when I try to switch calendars using the arrow next to my email address in the event subject line, my only other option is the calendar associated with my other Gmail account.

I'm not sure if this makes sense, so please let me know if you need clarification. This is really bothering me and I need to find out how to fix it, so does anyone happen to know what's going on? It seems that if I temporarily unsync my Gmail calendars, the app reverts to the local account as the default, but the moment I connect them again the local account disappears as an option.

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. changing default account on calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in using mail and colander app on your laptop. However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to
    run the troubleshooter from here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to sync properly. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 10, 2018
  3. MeGiveUp Win User
    changing default account on calendar

I followed these instruction but did not solve the issue.

What I did to solve this issue is to delete all in the Microsoft Account after I logged into my local account (Step 1 above). Then, I added my Microsoft account.

I lost some of the apps (Mail, Calendar, People) but after I downloaded the apps from the store, everything is OK. The data for these apps were not lost.

It also solved my problem with the Edge Browser.

MeGiveUp, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app.

In default Windows 10 calendar app, is there a way to include my work calendar (hosted by Rackspace in an Exchange account)?

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps.

• Click Setting(I.e. Gear Icon) on Calendar app

• Click Accounts.

• Select Add an account, tap or click the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

• Once it is done, Calendar app will Sync all your events from your work calendar.
    Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app.

1. Can't figure out how to switch back to my default Microsoft account in the Calendar app. - Similar Threads - Can't figure switch

2. How to switch back to the old calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch back to the old calendar app: I have a window 11 and the Calendar app recently asked me to try the new Outlook app. I clicked on it and now I can't go back to the old build-in Mail & Calendar apps. I've heard that there's supposed to be a toggle that I could switch on and off, but I couldn't find it...
  3. How to switch back to the old calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch back to the old calendar app: I have a window 11 and the Calendar app recently asked me to try the new Outlook app. I clicked on it and now I can't go back to the old build-in Mail & Calendar apps. I've heard that there's supposed to be a toggle that I could switch on and off, but I couldn't find it...
  4. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  5. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  6. Can't switch Microsoft accounts within apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft accounts within apps: When I first used my Microsoft apps such as the xbox app that you can download from the Microsoft store, it worked perfectly and allowed me to switch accounts between my one with game pass and the one without. Now I have tried to link my phone to my pc and the your phone app...
  7. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  8. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  9. can't figure out!

10. Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account: I had on my W10 a local account as administrator. I've logged it with my Outlook account, in order to purchase some item from Microsoft store. Now I want to revert back to Local account, but doesn't work. Of course I'm using my now my Outlook password instead of the local...