Windows 10: Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.

Discus and support Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a method or piece of software that could help me do this? HDR is possible on either display when they are extended, but as soon as they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DMTCG, Jan 26, 2021.

1. /u/DMTCG Win User

Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.

Is there a method or piece of software that could help me do this? HDR is possible on either display when they are extended, but as soon as they are cloned the option disappears. Can't find anything online so hoping there is still a way.

submitted by /u/DMTCG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DMTCG, Jan 26, 2021

2. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

screen duplication with HDR will need other screens capable but the video card may not be capable

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

Hey folks -

Based on my initial testing, I think the answer to my query is: No. But I wanted to bounce it off others as well.

I have two HDR-capable 4K displays connected to my PC. Windows 10 recognizes them both as HDR-capable as well. My experiment here is with display cloning. Sending the output of the main display over to the secondary one. All is well until I try to play
    an HDR game, such as Battlefield V. It only starts in SDR.

When I'm not cloning my display, the game starts up in HDR, no problem. So ultimately the question is: Should I be able to clone an HDR display over to another HDR display? Or is that just not technically doable?

Thanks!

Jason VanPatten, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.

HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available,
    but as soon as I choose "duplicate these displays", the HDR option disappears. Is this a known missing feature in Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yoshimitsuhiro, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled.

1. Can't figure out of to clone/duplicate two HDR-capable monitors while HDR is enabled. - Similar Threads - Can't figure clone

2. HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....: Good Day,I was browsing through the posts and have been working on this issue for MONTHS - It sounds almost IDENTICAL to the Question Posted at HDR cant be turned on with dual monitors. help please - Microsoft Community however this thread is locked/closed and there appears...
  3. HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR-capable monitor becomes completely unresponsive when switching between SDR and HDR...: I have the Alienware AW3423DW in HDR Peak 1000 mode. Here are the steps to replicate the issue:The relevant system information is as follows:Windows 10 version 21H2Nvidia GPU with GeForce Game Ready Driver version 528.021. Power on computer with HDR already enabled in Windows...
  4. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  5. Duplicate displays with HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  6. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10: I have an LGXC tv and an RTX 3090 graphics card to play my games. The only issue is with the hdr on Windows. Specifically with HDR games sometimes they look better when Windows HD Color/HDR is turned off. I am very confused about whether I’m suppose to be in RGB or 444 color...
  7. Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?

Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?: Been try to figure a way but no luck yet. HDR option simply disappears after the screens are duplicated. submitted by /u/DMTCG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3l5bb/is_it_still_impossible_to_clone_two_hdrcapable/
  8. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  9. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  10. HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor: I have an Aorus AD27QD HDR monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P Non-HDR as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely washed out. Coming...