Windows 10: Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound

Discus and support Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For months now I have been getting this sound at random times from my laptop that sounds like a doorbell. It won't happen for days and then it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffreyKoerner Jr, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound

For months now I have been getting this sound at random times from my laptop that sounds like a doorbell. It won't happen for days and then it happens every 2 minutes. I have all sounds and alerts turned off and it still happens. I have run updates and everything I can think of and nothing works. This is especially annoying as I am a DJ and it happens sometimes in the middle of songs. I am not the most tech savvy person and I am out of ideas. Please someone help.

:)

JeffreyKoerner Jr, Apr 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound :p

cadaveca, Apr 28, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound

1. Can't figure out why I'm getting this sound - Similar Threads - Can't figure why

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. Getting a error and can not figure out why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a error and can not figure out why: So this error causes my computer to freeze and lock up and then reboot after a few seconds to a minute. This error happens while playing games or even general pc usage. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiIZteVaqJ1wkQbBIzNbwrzyXJ3M?e=UjbPzM...
  5. Getting a error and can not figure out why

Getting a error and can not figure out why: So this error causes my computer to freeze and lock up and then reboot after a few seconds to a minute. This error happens while playing games or even general pc usage. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiIZteVaqJ1wkQbBIzNbwrzyXJ3M?e=UjbPzM...
  6. Getting a error and can not figure out why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  8. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  9. can't figure out!

10. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...