Windows 10: Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

Discus and support Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Allewex, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Allewex Win User

Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you

:)

Allewex, Oct 5, 2022

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CCan't find 200gb of space on drive :C :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C - Similar Threads - Can't find 200gb

2. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  3. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  4. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  5. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  7. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  8. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?: File explorer claims that I am using 91 GB of space on my 465 GB C: drive. However, I can only account for about 54.5 GB worth of data? How can I figure out where the other 36 GB is being allocated?By right clicking the folders and selecting properties, here are the sizes of...
  9. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?: File explorer claims that I am using 91 GB of space on my 465 GB C: drive. However, I can only account for about 54.5 GB worth of data? How can I figure out where the other 36 GB is being allocated?By right clicking the folders and selecting properties, here are the sizes of...
  10. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming