Windows 10: Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect

Discus and support Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 3D Scan will not detect my Xbox One Kinect depth sensor for whatever reason. Kinect Fusion does, the SDK browser does, Discord does, pretty much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oO Smim Oo, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect

3D Scan will not detect my Xbox One Kinect depth sensor for whatever reason. Kinect Fusion does, the SDK browser does, Discord does, pretty much everything except 3D scan can find my Kinect. Why is this?

I've tried the replugging solution with the Camera app already.

Are there any other ways to run a 3D scan of objects or rooms using the Xbox One Kinect?

:)

oO Smim Oo, Oct 21, 2020

2. Can't find depth sensor ! error fro 3D scan with kinect

I have a problem when start 3D Scan software and kinect is working properly with all SDK components but when I start 3D scan and any other 3d Scan software then get message Can't find depth sensor and depth sensor in verifying in SDk is working passed ..

what is the problem ?

how can i solve it ?

Thank you

eliechabrouni33, Oct 21, 2020
  3. 3d Scan - cannot find depth sensor

I have a Kinect v2, an adaptor for the PC, and Windows 10.

When I install all the drivers and power up 3d Scan, it state's "can't find depth sensor".

3d Builder can see/use the camera.

3d configuration verifier says everything is good can't determine the usb bandwidth (I have a USB 3.0).

What have I done wrong and where do I go next since 3d scan doesn't have an options that apply to the sensor.

thanks,

Carlos Garcia

Solracdestrin, Oct 21, 2020
  4. M1sterd Win User

Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect

3d Scan - cannot find depth sensor

I am having exactly the same issue, Xbox One Kinect plugged in using the adapter to an iMac running the latest Windows 10, the Kinect Configuration Verifier can see the Kinect, the only issue it says is it cant verify the USB 3 ports unknown bandwidth, but
    all else is green and passes. When I launch the Verifier application the Kinect lights come on and so the device is clearly working, when I launch the 3D Scan app the Kinect lights remain off, I have also tried running the verifier and the 3D Scan app at the
    same time, however that still doesn't work, 3D Scan just says Cant find depth sensor in the lower right hand corner.

UPDATE: I just installed the v2 SDK and launched the Kinect Studio v2, by default the Kinect was disconnected, on clicking the Connect button the Kinect lights came on and I could see the 2D and 3D views in the studio, its almost like the 3D Scan app isn't
    instructing the Kinect to power on?

UPDATE 2: I just plugged in the same Kinect to my Surface Pro 3 running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and except for not having the unable to determine USB bandwidth was identical on the Kinect test app, this worked first time with the 3D Scan
    application. Confirmed both allow visibility of the camera, both have the same Kinect driver version and latest 3D Scan application installed, if there are any other differences you would like me to check between these computers please let me know. For comparison
    the PC that it doesn't work on has a NVidia GPU and 24GB RAM with an I7 processor (Apple iMac running BOOTCAMP).

M1sterd, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect

1. Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect - Similar Threads - Can't find depth

2. Connecting Xbox 360 Kinect sensor to Windows 10 tablet mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Xbox 360 Kinect sensor to Windows 10 tablet mouse issue: Hi, I recently bought a "AVITA Magus II 10.1" HD Tablet with Detachable Keyboard, Windows 10, Intel Processor, 4GB Ram & 64GB Storage" from Amazon, Amazon.com : AVITA Magus II 10.1" HD Tablet with Detachable Keyboard, Windows 10, Intel Processor, 4GB Ram & 64GB Storage Green...
  3. 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2: I recently got a kinect v2 and an adapter for my computer, however when I open up 3d Scan I only see initializing sensor and nothing else. I had downloaded and installed the driver and other supported software. What could I be missing? Thanks, [ATTACH] -O...
  4. Xbox One Kinect not working on PC

Xbox One Kinect not working on PC: Hey there! I am here asking a questions about my Kinect. It shows up in my devices tab in the settings but before it did that it kept on disconnect and reconnecting. I tried plugging in the adapter to my laptop and the kinect worked perfectly fine on there but when I...
  5. Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong: Right i am completely stuck and need help please, I have an Xbox One connect set up on my Windows 10 PC running windows hello. I am using official microsft kinect with usb link. If i lock my pc i can log back in with windows hello. If i shutdown my pc and start it up then i...
  6. Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade the operating system on a Surface Book, or any other Windows 10-powered device, and you’re unable to use the Kinect for […] This article Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox 360 kinect compatibility: i have questions about the original Xbox 360 kinect software for windows 10 do i use the new versions or the old versions of the SDK Programs? i have the Xbox 360 kinect...
  8. Kinect 2.0 not detecting in 3D Scan

Kinect 2.0 not detecting in 3D Scan: I'm on Win10 Build 18922 The Kinect 2.0 is not detecting as a camera, nor is it being see by the 3d scan app or windows hello. Iv'e done every troubleshooting step i could find on here including registry edits and driver updates/downgrades. What is going on here?...
  9. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects: Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect...
  10. Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft stops manufacturing its Kinect sensors: Microsoft has stopped making Kinect sensors seven years after releasing its first model in 2010. Microsoft officials confirmed to Fast Co Design on October 25 that manufacturing of Kinect has officially shut down. Microsoft officials said they've sold about 35 million...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d scan kinect 360