Windows 10: can't find a networked hard drive

Discus and support can't find a networked hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a hard drive connected to an apple airport router. I had this all set up last summer and it was working fine. I moved and I hooked it all back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaysunTaylor, Apr 27, 2019.

1. can't find a networked hard drive

I have a hard drive connected to an apple airport router. I had this all set up last summer and it was working fine. I moved and I hooked it all back up and now my Windows 10 machine will not see the shared drive. Other MAC laptops can access it.

I wasn't using this drive or router over the winter so I think the problem has something to do with a recent windows update.

any advice is appreciated.

:)

JaysunTaylor, Apr 27, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 27, 2019
  3. little cat, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

can't find a networked hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

can't find a networked hard drive

1. can't find a networked hard drive - Similar Threads - can't find networked

2. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  3. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  4. Finding my hard drives

Finding my hard drives: The June MS updates crashed my Windows 10 and I couldn't find any way to recover it, so I had to reinstall Windows. I had two multi-TB physical drives with multiple partitions each. I had 2 system partitions for Windows and a backup Windows, a huge data partition, and a data...
  5. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  6. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  7. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't find internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find internal hard drive: Recently, I have switched to pc from Xbox and I cannot find my hard drive to store games. I am new to pc so all I need to know is how to find it as if it was brand new. I can still access my ssd, but not my hard drive. The computer is the Dell G5 Tower if that helps...
  9. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before...
  10. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:...