Windows 10: Can't find Administrative Templates Under Computer Configuration in Local Group Policy Editor

Discus and support Can't find Administrative Templates Under Computer Configuration in Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was finding myself trying to follow this guide by user DracoGT:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uberduba, Nov 9, 2020.

1. uberduba Win User

Can't find Administrative Templates Under Computer Configuration in Local Group Policy Editor

I was finding myself trying to follow this guide by user DracoGT:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_wowpc-xba_gowxb/fix-for-the-horrendous-download-speed-for-xbox/78f4cbca-c12f-4994-9890-c886c30bb71e?auth=1&page=1
    When I was unable to follow one of the steps as it requested that I explore the folder "Administrative Templates" In the Computer Configuration branch.
    I'm trying to find the folder in Local Group Policy Editor win+r gpedit.msc

I've already followed multiple guides linked below but to no avail. Thanks.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missing
    https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/how-to-manage-the-group-policy-on-windows-10-8-and-8-1/

:)

uberduba, Nov 9, 2020
  2. nProf78 Win User

Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations.

There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates.

My questions :

What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ?

Why couldn't I find same windows setting group policy on administrative templates ?

How to make windows settings exportable like admx template ?

nProf78, Nov 9, 2020
  3. MarkF1955 Win User
    In Group Policy Editor I cannot find Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System

I am trying to create a Group Policy for Time Services. The instructions I'm following say to create a new group policy (done) then open the new policy with the GPO Management Editor, then navigate to: Computer Configuration → Policies → Administrative Templates
    → System → Windows Time Service → Time Providers.

I'm stuck at this point because I do have "Administrative Templates", but there is no "System".

How can I get this policy sub-level?

MarkF1955, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Bezvard Win User

Can't find Administrative Templates Under Computer Configuration in Local Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor No Administrative Templates

I just tried that and it didn't work. And I've also tried downloading the administrative files which did nothing.

Bezvard, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't find Administrative Templates Under Computer Configuration in Local Group Policy Editor - Similar Threads - Can't find Administrative

2. How to update Group Policy Templates in for Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to update Group Policy Templates in for Local Computer?: I need some clarification about updating Group Policy Templates (*.admx, *.adml) on a local Windows 10 machine please. Information on the web is not very clear. 1. Are the Administrative Templates downloaded from the MS website (for example, the 21H1 templates can be found at...
  3. Administrative template missing in group policy editor.

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrative template missing in group policy editor.: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1171).I want to speed up the loading of thumbnails in the file explorer for pdf files. I went to this article and it lists the steps that involve editing the group policy....
  4. In Group Policy Editor I cannot find Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Group Policy Editor I cannot find Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System: I am trying to create a Group Policy for Time Services. The instructions I'm following say to create a new group policy done then open the new policy with the GPO Management Editor, then navigate to: Computer Configuration → Policies → Administrative Templates → System →...
  5. Group Policy Missing Administrative Template Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group Policy Missing Administrative Template Folder?: I have this weird issue where the Administrative Template folder doesn't have and text on the folder. I can expand the folder but the structure of the folder isn't right. It's missing System and Control Panel subfolders and others. Here's a snipping of what I see....
  6. Administrative Templates folder missing in Local Group Policy Editor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrative Templates folder missing in Local Group Policy Editor.: Whenever I run gpedit.msc there is no Administrative Templates folder, instead there is a strange folder with no name with a bunch of broken folders on. Please help. https://reddit.com/link/h8ajv6/video/h8xxi4x8ep451/player submitted by /u/Pippin_42 [link] [comments]...
  7. Found spelling error under the Local Group Policy Editor

Found spelling error under the Local Group Policy Editor: As you can see under the User Configuration>Adminsistrative Templates>File Explorer - 'Do not move deleted files to the Recycle Bin' setting [ATTACH]...
  8. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  9. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  10. Group Policy Editor No Administrative Templates

Group Policy Editor No Administrative Templates: Hello, I was going into my gpedit.msc program and there wasn't an administrative template folder under Computer Configuration. There is little to none forums that have helped me like downloading files from Microsoft download, it didn't even add files or help me at anyway....