Windows 10: Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

Discus and support Can't find an app's uninstall registry key in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cloroxide, Jul 17, 2021.

1. cloroxide Win User

Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall registry, but I cant find it. How do I find the DisplayName, UninstallsString of the app? Or even the app itself?The app is in 32bits. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

cloroxide, Jul 17, 2021
  2. AddRAM Win User

Remove Registry Key

Hello all *Smile not sure where to put this one.

After a CU, maybe 2 back, CCleaner found this duplicate registry key and I can`t seem to delete it. I uninstalled the CU and the Registry key disappeared, but after installing the CU again, it reappeared.

I have never had an issue with CCleaner taking care of the Registry. But the only thing I could do with it was add it to the Exclude list, but I`d like to get rid of it.

AddRAM, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Jul 17, 2021
  4. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key - Similar Threads - Can't find app's

2. Can't find Dosvc in registry editer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Dosvc in registry editer: I went in to registry editor to see that DoSvc is not there at all it is in the system32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-dosvc-in-registry-editer/db63179d-fa37-44e8-89f8-4711328b9f9a
  3. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  4. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  5. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't find an app's uninstall registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  7. uninstalling an app I can't find.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling an app I can't find.: HelloI want to uninstall the Tombola bingo app but it's not listed in the control pane' or in apps and features. I simply can' find it. I'm not terribly computer savvy so any help would be appreciated....
  8. How to find registry keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find registry keys?: Is there some sort of search bar in regedit? Not the adress bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-registry-keys/01b9ae4f-69e6-4e9c-892b-c59539c06898
  9. Finding and Uninstalling Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding and Uninstalling Apps: Had a severe brain injury in 1999. am 67 & have a processing & memory problem. where do i find my apps on my computer as i keep going into google my apps.? i am trying to find out also how to delete my apps my children put on but i don't use like zoosk? [Original Title:...
  10. Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling app that isn't on registry: I tried to download a new version of Quicken and the first step of the new version required uninstalling prior version. This step crashed and I've tried to manually uninstall Quicken but it doesn't show up on my app list to uninstall. I can still click this file to open my...