Windows 10: Cant find another app/files when switching account

Discus and support Cant find another app/files when switching account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RioFP, Jun 9, 2023.

1. RioFP Win User

Cant find another app/files when switching account

I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?

:)

RioFP, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 9, 2023
  3. changing default account on calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in using mail and colander app on your laptop. However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to
    run the troubleshooter from here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to sync properly. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 9, 2023
  4. MeGiveUp Win User

changing default account on calendar

I followed these instruction but did not solve the issue.

What I did to solve this issue is to delete all in the Microsoft Account after I logged into my local account (Step 1 above). Then, I added my Microsoft account.

I lost some of the apps (Mail, Calendar, People) but after I downloaded the apps from the store, everything is OK. The data for these apps were not lost.

It also solved my problem with the Edge Browser.

MeGiveUp, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Cant find another app/files when switching account - Similar Threads - Cant find another

2. will my files be transferred to another laptop device when i switch accounts within...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    will my files be transferred to another laptop device when i switch accounts within...: so i wanted to play minecraft, and my sister purchased the minecraft app on her microsoft acc store since she dlted it and no longer playing but still in purchased, i was wondering if i could download it on my laptop while im still signed in to my microsoft acc safely by...
  3. will my files be transferred to another laptop device when i switch accounts within...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will my files be transferred to another laptop device when i switch accounts within...: so i wanted to play minecraft, and my sister purchased the minecraft app on her microsoft acc store since she dlted it and no longer playing but still in purchased, i was wondering if i could download it on my laptop while im still signed in to my microsoft acc safely by...
  4. will my files be transferred to another laptop device when i switch accounts within...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant find another app/files when switching account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find another app/files when switching account: I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?...
  6. Cant switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  7. Cant switch accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  8. Cant switch accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums: I switched my laptop with my mother's laptop about a year ago. my laptop was the only one that she was able to do dual screens with and had enough USB ports to do specific things that she needed for work. The issue now is that all of her programs and work profiles are all on...
  10. Can't find or switch to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find or switch to another user: Hi, Finally upgraded from Win7 Home to Win10 Home. The upgrade ported 3 of 4 user accounts on the PC successfully. Of the three, 2 were old user accounts which I deleted after the upgrade along with the one that was not ported successfully. I was left with one account, let's...