Windows 10: Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation

Discus and support Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Iv got a new laptop (asus vivobook 15 x512f) and i installed a clean win 10 from microsoft. (10.0.18363.592) but when it comes to searching for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xrover, May 16, 2020.

1. xrover Win User

Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation

Hi
    Iv got a new laptop (asus vivobook 15 x512f)
    and i installed a clean win 10 from microsoft. (10.0.18363.592)
    but when it comes to searching for wifi there in nothing (pic below)
    and even after the installation there in no wifi icon to turn it on and the mouse pad isnt working .
    in the device manager there is multiply drivers and when i delete them they coming back
    i try to download from asus the correct drivers but no matter what driver I'm trying to install the window of the installation is close immediately and nothing happen.

its the first time it happened to me
    maybe its the hardware? what should i do *Sad

thanks
    Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation [​IMG]

:)

xrover, May 16, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 16, 2020
  3. SJMaye Win User
    Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, May 16, 2020
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation - Similar Threads - Cant find drivers

2. Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!: hello, Im having trouble installing games via Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and basic installers... Recently locked out of my system and preformed a clean install via win10 media from a flash drive, attempt to install minecraft and get hit with error code 0x87e00196, its as if...
  3. Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!: hello, Im having trouble installing games via Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and basic installers... Recently locked out of my system and preformed a clean install via win10 media from a flash drive, attempt to install minecraft and get hit with error code 0x87e00196, its as if...
  4. Cant find microsoft basic display adapter after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find microsoft basic display adapter after clean install: After switching from an NVIDIA graphics card, to an AMD card, i performed an uninstall of my graphics drivers so i wouldnt have any conflicting drivers. Apparently i also uninstalled the intel drivers, and my PC only sees the AMD driver. So now i cant even get into BIOS as...
  5. Cant find microsoft basic display adapter after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find microsoft basic display adapter after clean install: After switching from an NVIDIA graphics card, to an AMD card, i performed an uninstall of my graphics drivers so i wouldnt have any conflicting drivers. Apparently i also uninstalled the intel drivers, and my PC only sees the AMD driver. So now i cant even get into BIOS as...
  6. Cant find microsoft basic display adapter after clean install

7. Windows installer finds no any drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installer finds no any drivers: Not sure this issue may be addressed here. Just give it a try.My old PC starts having issues, on/off switch won't turn the machine on most of the times. So, I bought a second hand PSU different make & MB identical with the OEM one and tried to test which one of then or both...
  8. Windows installer finds no any drivers

Windows installer finds no any drivers: Not sure this issue may be addressed here. Just give it a try.My old PC starts having issues, on/off switch won't turn the machine on most of the times. So, I bought a second hand PSU different make & MB identical with the OEM one and tried to test which one of then or both...
  9. Cant find minecraft for win10 after purchasing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant find minecraft for win10 after purchasing: Hey, I purchsed minecraft for win10, however I cant find it on my Library at the MS store. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-minecraft-for-win10-after-purchasing/9d986fd6-92ee-4ed3-bd25-041b0ce8b038
  10. Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.: Im trying to update drivers for a device and when i use the windows auto device driver updater, it finds the drivers but apparently cannot install them. Is there any way to make them install?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 clean install searching for display drivers