Windows 10: Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to...

Discus and support Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cyn3xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9l1j5/cant_find_any_other_options_in_the_touchpad/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyn3xx, Aug 14, 2020.

1. /u/cyn3xx Win User

Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to...

/u/cyn3xx, Aug 14, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 14, 2020
  3. geoffers Win User
    SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to... [​IMG]

geoffers, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to...

precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to...

1. Can't find any other options in the touchpad settings.Windows and drivers are fully up to... - Similar Threads - Can't find options

2. My Settings Won't Show Any Other Option Other Than System Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Settings Won't Show Any Other Option Other Than System Settings: My settings won't show any other option other than system settings and I only have a limited amount of options I can modify. Can anyone help?As shown below:...
  3. My Settings Won't Show Any Other Option Other Than System Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Settings Won't Show Any Other Option Other Than System Settings: My settings won't show any other option other than system settings and I only have a limited amount of options I can modify. Can anyone help?As shown below:...
  4. Why I can't use or set any other sign-in options?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why I can't use or set any other sign-in options?: Hello, first of all thank you for seeing and replying to my question. I use a laptop under the brand INFINIX and have been loving the fingerprint sign in option. However, a few months ago, I don't know how, but the processor was broken and needed to be changed. I did so and...
  5. Why I can't use or set any other sign-in options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't use or set any other sign-in options?: Hello, first of all thank you for seeing and replying to my question. I use a laptop under the brand INFINIX and have been loving the fingerprint sign in option. However, a few months ago, I don't know how, but the processor was broken and needed to be changed. I did so and...
  6. Why I can't use or set any other sign-in options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Touchpad not showing any settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad not showing any settings: [ATTACH] There are no settings for touchpad after the latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-showing-any-settings/2b6a3fcb-ed3b-4c7e-9c7e-cade034339d1
  8. Touchpad option not showing in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad option not showing in Settings: When I go to Settings / Devices / Touchpad, the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" does not show up at all. I hadn't realized it was supposed to be there until I saw it on another one's system. Is there a way that I can that to show up on this system?...
  9. unable to find driver for touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to find driver for touchpad: Unable to find driver for touchpad. I am having troubles with the touchpad on my DELL 5567. The rightclick does not work. Need to click very hard to work etc. I checked in "Device manager -> Mice & other pointing devices" It has only two options - HID - compliant mouse...
  10. i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties: my touchpad isn't working as it should be after i installed windows10 x64 and installing the driver of touchpad (synaptics) that is compatible with my HP Probook 4540s no scrolling no pinch zoom not able to disable/enable touchpad [ATTACH]...