Windows 10: Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

Discus and support Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At one point I purchased a game from Steam, which included a beta version. Since I didn't want that, I deleted it (unfortunately not through the Steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikPerkins, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

At one point I purchased a game from Steam, which included a beta version. Since I didn't want that, I deleted it (unfortunately not through the Steam client). Now when I use the Storage app to see what files are taking up space on my hard drive, this game is shown as using 18.1 GB. Here's where my problem is:

a) when I try to uninstall the program directly from the Storage app, it takes me to the Steam app.

b) the base game (not the beta version) has already been uninstalled through Steam, so there's nothing left to uninstall. I've tried re-downloading the game so I could uninstall it properly, but this doesn't help. Unfortunately, the beta version I improperly deleted isn't available anymore, so that portion isn't being reinstalled (so it could be properly uninstalled).

c) when I search for the file in File Explorer, a couple of icons show up but nothing else.

d) the Storage app shows the name of the app that's taking up space, but doesn't indicate where it's actually stored

e) Steam has been useless for help, so I'm really just trying to figure out either if the Storage app is wrong (i.e. the game isn't actually there anymore) or where the app is actually located in case the Storage app is correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ErikPerkins, Jul 24, 2019

2. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CCan't find app that's taking up hard drive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 24, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

1. Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space - Similar Threads - Can't find app

2. Cant find where the hard drive space that is taking up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find where the hard drive space that is taking up my computer: I am have trouble finding where the hard drive is taking space on my computer. I looked on clear one under disk map and it showed 351.96 space taken up but cant seem find where its all taken at so I can save space I really need help what to do if there is a good software...
  3. Cant find where the hard drive space that is taking up my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant find where the hard drive space that is taking up my computer: I am have trouble finding where the hard drive is taking space on my computer. I looked on clear one under disk map and it showed 351.96 space taken up but cant seem find where its all taken at so I can save space I really need help what to do if there is a good software...
  4. Cant find where the hard drive space that is taking up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  6. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  7. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  8. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  9. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive space.. win ten taking up 150gb: Hi, I wonder if any one can shed some light here. I have just done a full win ten install from usb and not keeping any files.. all installed fine but win ten is somehow using 150gb when I search through the c drive all I can find is windows old (12.6gb) and windows...